PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunt.. Another Lonely Indian, Some Silver & a Token

Digger Don
09-28-2014, 07:34 PM
I went out Saturday Morning with my nephew, Ground Breaker Jay to a local school for about an hour. I didn't expect to find any Silver, but it was too early to start door knocking. I was surprised to dig a 1964 Rosie. Hey, it counts. A little later in the day I got permission at another house in my town. I dug a 1927 Merc, a few wheats & a pretty cool Buggy Token from Indianapolis, In. According to Google, it's from 1896.
Sunday morning, Digger Al wanted to hit a couple of towns an hour and a half away from home. Targets were hard to come by all day long. we hit one park & 4 houses without a lot of luck. At one house, I dug a 1929 Merc in very decent shape. At the park , I dug a crusty 1881 Indian. Together, we dug 14 wheats, 4 old oil lantern tops and the normal stuff.
All in All, another Fine day detecting with my Son.

Full Metal Digger
09-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Nice finds Don. The buggy token is awesome! First one of those I have seen. Also, quit scratching your finds with the digger! :pirate: Just kidding, we all do it.

Tony Two-Cent
09-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I would take a hunt like that any day! :yes:

Two Mercs, and older Indian Head, and a really cool buggy token! I like that buggy token a lot! Even the buggy on it looks old! Awesome find!

:congrats:

Digger Don
09-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Nice finds Don. The buggy token is awesome! First one of those I have seen. Also, quit scratching your finds with the digger! :pirate: Just kidding, we all do it.
I know, The more careful I am, the more I scratch. Although I haven't scratched a Barber Quarter yet. :lolsign:
By the way, the token is Copper.

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Great finds ! It's awesome that you hunt with your Son . :congrats:

aloldstuff
09-29-2014, 05:42 AM
Great hunting with the family, you start that "club" yet? That buggy token is the coolest find of the day.

:congrats:on all your keepers and for the family time spent together.

Digger Don
09-29-2014, 08:15 AM
OMG, I must have been tired last night. I thought you were talking about the scratch on the token. I just noticed this morning that I nailed the Merc also. OOPS

MangoAve
09-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Hmm. I didn't even notice the buggy token had a scratch until I read further down comments. My problem Is that I dig too small of a plug. It tends to be a 4-6" plug I cut. And it's just because It so happens I follow the curve of what the trowel gives. I should force myself to cut bigger holes. I guess with the first production vehicle being in 1903 that it would make sense the token from 1896. I knew Ford did make a car that year but everyone still had the buggy's then. Great find.

Beartoe
09-29-2014, 12:01 PM
The Buggy Token is supreme treasure. :wow:

Nesdore
09-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Great hunts Don that 29 Merc looks like it has very sharp detail congrats and that token is awesome and the Indian is crusty but l'd take it :clapping:it's always a good day when you can spend it with family HH

freemindstuck
09-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Sweet token Don,
I'd take a hunt like that any day!