PDA

View Full Version : September Digs

z118
10-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I was able to get in some decent time digging in September and had some good fortune while I was at it. Pics of the keepers are below. In total I scored 3 pieces of gold, 4 pieces of silver, and 9 silver coins. Noteworthy among these are two 10k class rings, one of which is dated 1940 and has the usual engraved initials inside as well as "Jim" scratched in it as well. I also hit a nice coin spill comprised of a 1902 dime, 1897 penny, and 1897 nickel. In the middle of the woods in the last place you'd expect I dug what I believe is a silver plated trumpet mouthpiece from the 50's. Go figure! My favorite find from September however is a sterling tie clip with the initial "VOV." It is stamped "Leonore Doskow" who apparently made all sorts of interesting monogrammed silver pieces - pins, money clips, baby spoons, telephone dialers, etc. You can find all kinds of her items on Ebay. I love finding unique pieces like this with a known history. I actually scratched it badly while digging it which bothered be so much I had a jeweler buff it out, which is why it looks so good.

So that's my month. Here's hoping October is just as good!

Happy hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
10-04-2014, 06:47 PM
All I can say is :wow:

You certainly had a great September, Matt! So much gold and silver! :drool:

The gold class rings are beautiful. I like the older one, it has more character. :yes:

That was a great coin spill too. The V Nickel really cleaned up well!

I'm with you on the sterling tie clip though, that is my favorite find as well. Such a gorgeous piece. The jeweler shined it up nicely, no sign of the scratch. Awesome!

Congrats on the great month you had! :clapping:

wisconsin digger
10-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Those are some very unique finds. Nice pocket spill as well. WD

Ronandari
10-04-2014, 10:26 PM
What a great variety of finds you has this month. the tie clip cleaned up Super.

aloldstuff
10-05-2014, 06:49 AM
:wow:great September. Your older class ring looks fantastic, love the wear pattern. The coin spill would have made my day and the tie clasp cleaned up very nice. :congrats:on all those keepers and I also hope your October is as good.

Pastpursuits
10-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Nice September!! I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when the kid told Mom and Dad that the trumpet isn't working.:hystericallaugh:

del
10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
September was really really good to you Matt congrats on some exceptional finds:smitten:.

Digger Don
10-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Congrats on a Great September. Very nice variety of finds.