PDA

View Full Version : Knife, Wheat, Silver, Clad

z118
06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Nice little evening hunt tonight, as always it seems I hit one of my favorite schools. Wound up with 51 coins worth $3.57 which includes a 45 wheat and a 46 Rosie. Not a great clad total but the Rosie makes it all good. Also dug a nice Swiss Army knife in good condition, the usual key, and two magnets.

Odd thing about this school... the property is small but there are two main field areas. I have hunted there twice this year and both times the Sov was completely non functional in one of the field areas. The Sov just goes nuts... falsing all over. I could even set the detector down and it would still give a signal. I managed to swing a bit in this area tonight but only with the sensitivity all the way down. The odd thing is I have hunted at this spot for three years now and this was never an issue until this year. And the other field area is just fine, Sov works great there. Weird.

Happy hunting!

Beefcake
06-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Rock on Z!!! Nice silver! That thing is crying for a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

z118
06-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Rock on Z!!! Nice silver! That thing is crying for a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Thanks! yeah, that dime has some kind of odd haze to it I usualy don't see on silver around here... as rarely as I see it at all, anyway. lol

Beef, aren't you in Ohio somewhere?

angellionel
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice silver, Z. A hunt which includes a silver coin among the finds is always sweet. thumbsup01

randy
06-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Sweet silver. Do those kids up your way have holes in their pockets? You always seem to pull mountains of clad from those schools.

BTW, I have one spot like that -- both of my machines go bonkers for some reason. I thought since they were completely different technologies, one of them would be fine, but not so.

Hook
06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
another fine hunt for you there Zman. you sure are a clad killer in those schoolyards. the schools down here in south louisiana are all fenced and usually locked up tight, with very few area's anywhere around the buildings to search . every now and then someone leaves a gate open, and thats when i can usually gather up a decent amount of battery money. but mostly newer schools here...only one that i know of is an old location that might hold silver, but that one is NEVER open to hunt. :mad:

coinnut
06-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey Z, you got silver :clapping: That's always a good thing. I would think that school is dirt poor by now lol But keep hitting it if it's still giving up stuff!!

Cheap Thrills
06-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Great haul Z . It's always nice when you find a nice knife that is usable and not all rusted up . thumbsup01

Ill Digger
06-17-2010, 11:44 PM
It's cool that the tweezers are still in the knife. Does it still have the tooth pic also?
I found a magnet yesterday. Kinda wierd...I was going to scrape the dirt out of it (it's U shaped) when it stuck to the blade :huh: lol
Good hunt thumbsup01
Congrats on the silver and wheat too :grin:

Geodawn
06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Congrats on the silver!

I know what you're talking about when the detector goes nuts in just one area. My Etrac comes unglued in a 10x10 area out at my local park with no apparent electrical source.