PDA

View Full Version : counterfeit pewter seated dollar? & Sunday hunt with Dan & Todd

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2014, 04:25 PM
ok you guys tell me if i'm going crazy or not.I have dug pewter counterfeit coins in the past.one being a seated quarter.this pewter disc is same diameter as a US silver dollar.going through some old finds i cleaned this up a bit more and pretty sure i see the eagle same style as a seated dollar let you decide .This was dug at a cellar hole awhile back.
Sunday we dragged Dan out on a bush whackin cellar hole hunt.sites were pretty hammered and we didn't fare all to well.Todd scored big time!

The Rebel
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Hey Dave, not too shabby. Sun was a beautiful day to be out.

Lodge Scent
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
You scored some nice buttons. That pewter piece design looks pretty darn close to the seated dollar pic. That is an interesting find.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2014, 06:46 PM
thanks you guys,ya think my buttons are nice.wait till ya see what Todd dug Sunday:envious:

Isaac
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Love the buttons and the pewter seated dollar is REALLY interesting. Great day w/ friends

aloldstuff
10-06-2014, 08:34 PM
I see the eagle....gotta go with your thoughts. Nice buttons.

kray
10-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Good guys and good digs!

Bell-Two
10-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I concur that looks suspiciously like a seated Dollar. And those are great buttons! :wow:

del
10-07-2014, 12:42 AM
sweet counterfiet Dave and you were right your " half a grommet" looking thing was a drawer pull backing piece :lol: . well done :clapping: hey nice pictures , are those are the same stupid downed tree branches in the background that gave me the "face plant" earlier that day , you should of had your camera ready then :rofl:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-07-2014, 03:37 AM
sweet counterfiet Dave and you were right your " half a grommet" looking thing was a drawer pull backing piece :lol: . well done :clapping: hey nice pictures , are those are the same stupid downed tree branches in the background that gave me the "face plant" earlier that day , you should of had your camera ready then :rofl:
thanks Dan,yep those be the branches that took ya down I think

OxShoeDrew
10-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Good eye with the counterfeit Dave. Looking forward to Todd's post.

don in ny
10-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Great finds. That counterfeit seated dollar is nice. Counterfeit coins were a big problem years ago. A friend collected counterfeit bust half dollars and actually had over 200 of them. Counterfeit British halfpence were another big area of counterfeiting. Cool finds.

chief5709
10-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Good eye on the counterfeit pewter coin. I wouldn't have seen that and probably tossed it in the button pile...

So what did Todd find?... Did I miss the post?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Good eye on the counterfeit pewter coin. I wouldn't have seen that and probably tossed it in the button pile...

So what did Todd find?... Did I miss the post?
i can't say really,well I can give ya a hint.it comes after 6 ;)