PDA

View Full Version : Got out with del and heavymetalnut and scored me my 7th GW

Thiltzy
10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Finally a day off from work on Sunday. Got out to a few cellar holes with Dave and Dan. Targets were hard to come by but I got some really nice keepers including my 7th George Washington Button, a Vermont State Copper and very cool early 1700's knee buckle with Crown pattern that I've never seen before. To bad the buckle wasn't complete.. The GW was bent but I carefully straitened it out.

I pulled the GW from a site that Dave and I had been to 3 times prior. It's a huge area and where I got the GW we had swung around a plethora of times. I moved a branch that was close to the base of a tree that was in front of one of the bar way's and got the signal. The Vermont copper is really interesting as you can see how they were going to cut it into quarter pieces.

del
10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
:cheering::cheering:the first few minutes of the day and the last few minutes of the day were kind to you Todd :cheering::cheering: Huge congrats on GW number#7 :shocked05:the Vermont looks like a ryder-24 and a pretty late one too from that extra long die crack coming up off the bust's chest. heres a link to one that was at auction.
http://www.goldbergcoins.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/28/lot/65193/

The Rebel
10-08-2014, 06:42 PM
:shocked05:WTG Todd! Why do you always keep us in suspense...:devilish: :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
awesome hunt todd congrats on # 7

aloldstuff
10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah, what's up with the suspense.....:congrats:.

Huge :congrats:on GW #7 and your other keepers.

Always wondered, just what tool did they use to cut the coins?

Isaac
10-08-2014, 08:44 PM
That Vermont Copper is so cool. Love how you can see where they were going to cut it, a piece of history right there. Don't even get me started on that GW button, is that that two in one month Todd? :shocked05: At this rate you're going to beat Dave soon. :lol: Congrats on all the beautiful finds and a great day with friends. :thumbsup02:

Lodge Scent
10-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Awesome finds. The pickin's may have been slim but they were high quality.:congrats: Love the VT copper. Very cool buckle piece. What more can be said about a GW....other than I would love to find one....just one.

Digger Don
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Congrats on some very cool finds

Bell-Two
10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
That is amazing another GW! And the Vermont Copper just awesome! :wow:

Trooper Bri
10-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Fantastic stuff Todd. Congrats!

OxShoeDrew
10-10-2014, 04:06 AM
I'd have had a stroke bending that button.:lol: Great hunt Todd!

chief5709
10-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Congrats Todd! :wow:

freemindstuck
10-10-2014, 03:00 PM
I love the Vermont copper and the cut lines. Making change old school. lol :congrats:

Thiltzy
10-10-2014, 04:21 PM
del
:cheering::cheering:the first few minutes of the day and the last few minutes of the day were kind to you Todd :cheering::cheering: Huge congrats on GW number#7 :shocked05:the Vermont looks like a ryder-24 and a pretty late one too from that extra long die crack coming up off the bust's chest. heres a link to one that was at auction.
Thanks for taking the time on the Vermont Dan...as usual. always fun hunting with you and Dave.

The Rebel
:shocked05:WTG Todd! Why do you always keep us in suspense...:devilish: :grin:
Not intentional Roger, I barely have enough time to hunt these days and I don't like to rush cleaning finds just to post on the forums. Dan always jokes with me about that as well. he said at the end of our hunting after congratulating me on the GW..."I guess we will see the button and other finds in a few weeks on the forum" :hystericallaugh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
awesome hunt todd congrats on # 7
Dave, what number comes after 7? :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
Yeah, what's up with the suspense.....:congrats:.

Huge :congrats:on GW #7 and your other keepers.
See my reply to Rebel (Roger) and thanks Al. I noticed you are having some great finds. Keep up the good work

Isaac
That Vermont Copper is so cool. Love how you can see where they were going to cut it, a piece of history right there. Don't even get me started on that GW button, is that that two in one month Todd? :shocked05: At this rate you're going to beat Dave soon. :lol: Congrats on all the beautiful finds and a great day with friends. :thumbsup02:
Yeah Isaac, two in the last few weeks. BTW...you are doing awesome congratz on some great digs.

Lodge Scent
Awesome finds. The pickin's may have been slim but they were high quality.:congrats: Love the VT copper. Very cool buckle piece. What more can be said about a GW....other than I would love to find one....just one.
Thank you. I like the Vermont also, I don't find them to often. I think I only have found 4 in the last 4 years. Keep swinging though as I see a GW in your future.

Digger Don
Congrats on some very cool finds
Thank you Don.

Bell-Two
That is amazing another GW! And the Vermont Copper just awesome! :wow:
Tony, you are a good man. You always take the time to reply to every ones posts with very kind words. Your awesome.

Trooper Bri
Fantastic stuff Todd. Congrats!
Thanks and best of luck to you Bri.

OxShoeDrew
I'd have had a stroke bending that button.:lol: Great hunt Todd!
I have straightened out a few Drew but Dan gave me some creative advice on this one. I felt confident the whole process.

[chief5709
Congrats Todd! :wow:
/QUOTE] Thank you Chief
[QUOTE]eemindstuck
I love the Vermont copper and the cut lines. Making change old school. lol :congrats:
I concur:thumbsup01:

Mr. Digger
10-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Awesome finds Todd! That was a daring move to bend that button but you obviously knew what you were doing...looks great. Hope to see a new vid posted from you guys soon!

Beartoe
10-11-2014, 09:24 AM
You folks over in the Thirteen Colonies sure find some cool stuff.

I am wondering... why would someone want to cut up the GW?

giant056
10-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Awesome bunch of finds Todd :thumbsup02: you sure have found a lot of them GW buttons !!

whydah
11-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Nice stuff Todd...man you guys are killing it buddy...

zrickkid
11-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Man I would totally bust out in tears if I ever found a GW inauguration button. Hes my hero and my collection would be complete. One day.......Great find sir. My sister lives in Milford, Ct so if I get out to see her again I hope to hit the woods and find some truly old stuff! So for now I WILL just have to live through your and Heavymetalnuts finds for now. Thanks for posting.

Fire Fighter 43
11-08-2014, 09:42 AM
7th!! wow congrats on a great find.

Tony Two-Cent
11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Once again you came home with an incredible pile of colonial coins and relics, Todd! :thumbsup02:

Huge congrats on your 7th GW button! :clapping:

Very nice Vermont copper, and I really like the buckle fragment with the crown on it too! :yes:

:perfect10: