PDA

View Full Version : Big Coil produces a couple of Washingtons and several silver dimes in last few hunts

wisconsin digger
10-11-2014, 08:51 PM
The last several days have been pretty good. I've gone to using the big coil all the time. Not 100% sure but it seems the big coil has produced some coins I did not hit before. The area I found the Civil War Store Card Token is not that big and I hit most of the area with the stock coil. A trip back there earlier this week produced 5 silver including 2 Washington's and a 2 dime pocket spill (Merc & Rosie) as well as a solo Merc. The signals were not great so I think the coil helped me hear the initial high tone and I was able to zero in on the coins after that. A trip to another area I hunted pretty good produced 2 more silver. I also picked up a couple of singles on some other trips. I'm not sure if it is the depth or the wider scan but something is producing the increased silver with the bigger coil. I think I'll use it the rest of the year. I also found a neat little medallion that looks to be from the early 1900's. It is a Wisconsin State Seal Medallion made of copper or brass. Have not found much info on it but someone suggested it may be a 50 year anniversary token. I'll keep looking. None the less a nice Medallion from our State. Hope to make a road trip next week so I hope the big coil keeps producing. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2014, 09:40 PM
A very nice haul , congrats .

aloldstuff
10-12-2014, 12:01 AM
That coil is going to pay for itself in no time. :congrats:on all the silvers and a neat medallion. I guess its safe to say that no place is ever hunted out.....unless your using a big coil. :lol:

del
10-12-2014, 06:17 AM
great results :cheering: whats the larger coil??

Digger Don
10-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Your killing it with that big coil. I've got to throw mine on and see if it works as well for me.
congrats

wisconsin digger
10-12-2014, 08:38 AM
MINELAB EXPLORER/E-TRAC ETC DETECH EXCELERATOR EQ2 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINELAB-EXPLORER-E-TRAC-ETC-DETECH-EXCELERATOR-EQ2-PRO-14-COIL-METAL-DETECTOR-/360929624072?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement _Equipment_ET&hash=item5409150008)(17") I took a flier on this coil late last season for $75 I think. I wanted to try it in areas I found deeper coins. It may be an after market coil because I am not sure it is a Minelab product but it may be. I hated it at 1st but like everything that is new I got used to it. It is very heavy and does not balance real well on the Detector but it is amazing how fast your arm gets used to the extra weight. WD