PDA

View Full Version : Liable to Find Anything in the Woods

OxShoeDrew
10-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Hello AD,
I spent about five hours this week at a private site where I wrote to the owner to gain permission. I had high hopes as the property has been in the current owner's hands since before the advent of MDs and it was obvious from the owner's reply that no one had ever detected it before. Unfortunately the hole is on the road and was hit so hard that I had to put my 5in coil on just to eke out a 1/2in part of a harmonica reed. I've been to over 200 cellar holes and never seen one so pounded. Seriously, 5 hours = three shotgun shells and a harmonica piece. These people that detected were very good and very sneaky. Anyhoo, I said some cuss words I'm not proud of and moved on.
Yesterday and today I checked a place that, from the maps, didn't seem like it should pan out....but it did! The lesson? Stuff evens out in the end :)

The keepers-
1950 Silver dime
Dateless Matron
Bunch of late wheats (three in one hole)
Obligatory spoon
Button with a soft white pre-plastic center
Flower cuff button
Doily thingy
Tag "E B Smith Makers Pat. Sept 12, 1888 Canton Ohio" (cant find any info)
"Good for package of mints" token
Very cool bottle
Entire coffee pot (!) (on the surface)
A button from every epoch of American history :lol:
...and my largest find to date...it looks like a 1979 Datsun. Rang up like a Cadilac :lol:
Thanks!

aloldstuff
10-12-2014, 06:32 PM
What were you're settings when you found the Datsun...:lol:. Love the coffee pot and bottle and the strange mint token. You are right every thing does equal out in the end.

Bell-Two
10-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Now that is an eclectic collection of finds! Was the coffee Starbucks? :hystericallaugh:

Lodge Scent
10-13-2014, 08:55 AM
...and my largest find to date...it looks like a 1979 Datsun. Rang up like a Cadilac :lol:
Thanks!

:lolsign: Now THAT is funny.

Nice digs Drew. I think you should knock the spout off the coffee pot and turn it into a beer mug.

del
10-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Drew , I'm beginning to think theres nothing you can't find in them woods . From a Chuppracabra to a Datsun :lol: glad your getting out to :detecting:

Beartoe
10-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Excellent diggs.

I gotta agree sometimes you can find the strangest, out of place items in the woods.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-14-2014, 10:44 PM
i always say..the sites ya think are gonna be the best ain't & the ones ya think are gonna be the worst end up being the best

The Rebel
10-16-2014, 04:56 AM
So True!

i always say..the sites ya think are gonna be the best ain't & the ones ya think are gonna be the worst end up being the best

The Rebel
10-16-2014, 04:57 AM
WTG on the finds Drew! Love that Thistle Button!

CTTodd
10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Datsuns are Rare

Lowjiber
10-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Nice hunt.:)

Your Datsun find reminds me of a time, many moons ago, when I got a Jetco detector. After tinkering with the tuning for several hours, I finally found my Oldsmobile in my driveway. :lol:

HH

Ronandari
10-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Datsun are hard to come by. You are gonna need a bigger tumbler to clean it up. :lol: