PDA

View Full Version : Face-to-Face

mownomo
10-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Last Tuesday I was honored with a visit from our own Skamaniac. He was in Texas for a few days and came a long way to get together. Although we had limited time we were able to do a little detecting. We spent some time at a house that was built somewhere around 1920, but it only yielded some memorials and a wheat. We tried a lot behind City Hall that was the site of the former post office, but found a lot of trash and tall grass. Hunger took over so we took in some Mexican & brisket. (the a/c wasn't bad either) In a last ditch effort we hit a local park/sports complex but between the trash & heat, we called it a day and headed to da'house. Although the finds were rather skimpy, it was great to spend some time detecting with one terrific guy. I hope to meet some more of y'all face-to-face, but till then we have this great venue and I thank God for it.

Skamaniac
10-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I just got back home. I had a great vacation and it was a real treat meeting you! Even though we didn't find much, it was a whole lot of fun! Too bad we didn't have more time. Thanks Johnny!

Tony Two-Cent
10-12-2014, 09:05 PM
That's one of the great things about his hobby and this forum, you can meet new people and lasting friendships can be forged.

Very nice that you two were able to meet and do some detecting together. :yes:

del
10-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Great picture gentlemen , its really nice to see members getting together for the first time .

aloldstuff
10-13-2014, 04:59 AM
Great that you two got to meet and do some detecting. There is some mileage between you and I agree that without this forum, the meeting would not have taken place.

Skamaniac
10-13-2014, 11:33 AM
HA! I just noticed I am wearing the same shirt in my avatar and on my visit. Guess it's time to go shirt shopping! :)

mownomo
10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
HA! I just noticed I am wearing the same shirt in my avatar and on my visit. Guess it's time to go shirt shopping! :)
Is that all I need to do to get some new shirts? Bring on the camera!!!:grin: