PDA

View Full Version : back to the large cent site

randy
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Went back to the site I pulled large cent yesterday, and after about an hour of careful gridding, managed to pull one clad dime :bangahead01: I've got to get Angel in there to show me what I missed lol There's still one more section to do, but I got bored and went looking for greener pastures. I'll come back to it after a good rain.

Ended up with a pile of clad dimes and a couple of wheats for my trouble. One was a 1929 in good shape, so perhaps that area has hope.

All was not lost as I managed to pull this 6gr silver ring which rang so pretty -- I was sure I had a silver quarter or half.

coinnut
06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Gridding an area can be painful at best lol but it does sometimes produce some nice keepers. It is a different way of hunting. When I started this hobby, it was go,go,go lol Now it's crawl, crawl, crawl rofl Technology sure does advance :clapping: I bet you will find some good targets there on another trip. But you did the best thing. Work an area slow and when bored skip town thumbsup01 Nice ring as a result of that switch.

Cheap Thrills
06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Cool ring looks like ball bearings in a race . thumbsup01 8)

Epi-hunter
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Very nice ring! thumbsup01 Gridding is B-O-R-I-N-G lol But it's effective. (Yes, I've endured enough lectures and seen enough evidence of how effective it is :) )

The worst part is you have to go back over every square inch from different directions.

coinnut
06-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Gridding is B-O-R-I-N-G lol But it's effective. (Yes, I've endured enough lectures and seen enough evidence of how effective it is :) )

The worst part is you have to go back over every square inch from different directions.

Yea, can't they design a movie to play on the screen while we waste time gridding rofl That way we can get the silver and watch a movie at the same time :clapping:

Ill Digger
06-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice ring!!
I bet that sounded great!! I also bet that got the blood pumpin' :drool:
Congrats :grin:

CyberSage
06-19-2010, 10:47 PM
I would rather be bored in a park detecting than go to work any day! lol That is a darn nice ring. Silver is Silver! Nice hunt Randy. Thanks for sharing.

Keep Swing'in
Jack