PDA

View Full Version : Friday Park Hunt

aloldstuff
10-17-2014, 01:46 PM
After doing my chores this morning I said why not .....batteries all charged up, feeling semi good so I hit a park.

Managed 9 wheat's, nothing spectacular and a sterling ring marked 925 and it also has FC in a box.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

MangoAve
10-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Sometimes detecting comes before the chores. :lol: Good you got out. I say, if it's not clad and not junk, than the trip was at least worth it. Huh..what is FC in a box? It's still silver. What were the range of dates of wheats? All 50's or did you manage some teens or twenties? Just an inquiry about how old the park might be.

aloldstuff
10-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Sometimes detecting comes before the chores. :lol: Good you got out. I say, if it's not clad and not junk, than the trip was at least worth it. Huh..what is FC in a box? It's still silver. What were the range of dates of wheats? All 50's or did you manage some teens or twenties? Just an inquiry about how old the park might be.

The FC would be a makers mark and the wheat's .... 2 from the 30's.....the rest 40's & 50's

Nesdore
10-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Congrats on a good pile of wheats and a nice Silver ring:clapping: I'd say a successful hunt

del
10-17-2014, 04:11 PM
congrats on the sterling ring Al , hey hows the new bionic body part been holding up ?? giving you any issues??

Tony Two-Cent
10-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Nice pile of wheats and a big silver ring! :thumbsup02:

That's better than being at work any day! :yes:

:congrats:

aloldstuff
10-17-2014, 04:41 PM
congrats on the sterling ring Al , hey hows the new bionic body part been holding up ?? giving you any issues??

Thanks for asking Dan....still a little stiff getting up and down but the walking part is aokay. I always carried a nice digging shovel in the trunk but if I was at a park I never used it. For now it is my go to as I use it and the detector to get up once I get down.

Trooper Bri
10-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Nice ring, and you shredded some wheat Al. Plus it was a warm breezy day to be out. Not many of those left this year. Congrats!

Beartoe
10-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Nice diggs Al. The silver ring is a find that makes hunting parks a lot more interesting.

I have a bad knee and it makes getting up off the ground a bit of a challenge. It is one of the reasons I find myself hunting those easily accessable areas more and more often. Trucking into the out back is becomming more and more difficult as I get older.

Fire Fighter 43
10-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Cngrats on some nice digs, WTG.