PDA

View Full Version : First Cellar hole hunt in a while...

coinsniffa
10-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Hey everyone,

Haven't been on in a while due to this and that but this past Wednesday I had my first productive hunt in a while with Lodge Scent who has blood hound like abilities at find cellar holes. I manged a silver(?)ring which I would I would be grateful if anyone has any input as to it's age,etc. Also scored a piece of a harmonica with good detail still intact as well as a silver guilded ornate compact case lid??? The icing on the cake was a worn late 17?? half reale. Thanks for looking and comments/info are appreciated. HH!433934339443395433964339743398

Tony Two-Cent
10-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Great bunch of finds! :clapping:

I love the Half Real! Spanish silver always makes for a spectacular hunt! :smitten:

That ring sure is different. It definitely looks to be silver. I've never seen one like it. Very interesting! I hope you are able to find out more about it.

Congrats on the great finds and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup02:

leslie(nova scotia)
10-18-2014, 03:13 AM
Sweet finds on the cellar hole dig.

Lodge Scent
10-18-2014, 08:34 AM
It WAS good to get out and swing the coil Sniffa! It's has been several months since I been able to get a hunt in. My detecting muscles are sore today. You certainly earned that reale. :congrats:Though it was only a mile and a half hike in to the site, that first quarter mile in was brutal ! I have more puncture wounds on me than I can count. :stretcher:

Unfortunately someone had beat us to the site and had pounded it pretty good. But true to form, you sniffed out a couple of goodies. I managed some lamp parts, reed pieces, some lead, nothing too exciting but it was nice to get out anyway. Let's plan on it again soon.

The Rebel
10-18-2014, 08:51 AM
WTG Coinsniffa on the Colonial Spanish Silver! That ring sure is different & looks silver to boot!

coinsniffa
10-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Lmao Jeff, I had at least a dozen little pools of blood under my rhino skin. They say you have to be a little crazy to do this hobby and I guess we proved it!

OxShoeDrew
10-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow a mile and a half? Isn't that like 3 miles total hiking? :lol::notworthy: then hunting??!! I hope there was a path...at least a deer path. I never found the top part of a harmonica :shocked03: That ring is very cool... as is the rosette. I found some Spanish silver this morning! :cheesysmile: Good feeling! Congrats! Tell Jeff I said hi.

del
10-18-2014, 06:03 PM
:shocked03: wow some sweet finds .... love the silver compact case and the ring does look like it has some good age to it too.:yes: congrats on getting out and scoring the half real:clapping:

aloldstuff
10-19-2014, 09:53 AM
WTG on enduring the pain (punctures) and scoring some great items. The 1/2 real is fantastic and most people just find the harmonica reed not the outer shell. The ring us very unique, never seen one like it. The silver compact case is another great item. :congrats:on all those keepers.

Fire Fighter 43
10-20-2014, 06:30 PM
WTG on some nice digs.

Lodge Scent
10-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow a mile and a half? Isn't that like 3 miles total hiking? :lol::notworthy: then hunting??!! I hope there was a path...at least a deer path.

It was a mile and a half in plus a mile and a half out, but it felt like 10 miles total due to that dense patch of autumn olive and green briars we had to get through. It was so thick that we had to crawl in several places. My knees were stained with deer poop and rotten autumn olive berries :barf: We gladly walked through a swamp on the way back to avoid some of that patch. I actually got stopped in my tracks at one point when a big hooked thorn pierced my earlobe. I had to call Coin Sniffa over to unhook my ear from the vine. :crazy:

del
10-20-2014, 07:53 PM
I actually got stopped in my tracks at one point when a big hooked thorn pierced my earlobe. I had to call Coin Sniffa over to unhook my ear from the vine. :crazy:

wow Jeff piercings the old fashioned way :shocked03:

"ya you east coast guys have it so easy" :rofl: aren't you getting tired of hearing this everytime you post a nice copper or relic .