PDA

View Full Version : last 2 hunts* not very much LOL

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2014, 10:13 AM
one hunt with my friend Joe and saturdays hunt with Dan & Todd.found some cool lookin ornate brass what's its and a match safe and tent rope tightener with Joe and Saturday got a knee buckle frame,couple buttons and a 1892 Ih with Todd & Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
oh and hey Dan look! shaking my head.copper plated steel cable

MangoAve
10-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Never seen a foundation that's more like a cave. I like the ornate pieces. The single item is nice. Obviously victorian. It's got a little boy with what looks like flowers at each end. The other items, strange how there are two. They each have slots for ribbon and I wonder if that is the star of david in the center. I wonder of that symbol was used different in Colonial times compared to how the swastika was once the symbol for life/luck. Still good finds

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
i think the star of David pieces are more victorian era as well.the cave things are root cellars.2 diff root cellars in photos.

del
10-19-2014, 10:58 AM
hey great picture of the inside of the root cellar Dave , your much braver than I :lol:my luck when i went to snap a picture like that either a skunk or a bear would of been on the end of the lens ;)
after all that effort went into that cable and its not solid copper , well atleast you now have an extra dog collar :lol: hey had fun yesterday and glad you got the knee buckle

MangoAve
10-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah. I was thinking too that the items were mid-1800's. I knew sash buckles usually come in two pieces but these are different. I found on ebay something with slightly different design labeled as sash buckle that was like the single item but just a bit wider. Maybe they are both different design sash buckles for a wide sash. One single piece design and the other is a two piece.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2014, 02:17 PM
nah I don't think they are sash related at all.the star of David pieces have the same designs on both sides

MangoAve
10-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Well the first impression from star of david pieces was parts to an ornate lamp. Those might be the bottom. The tabs with slots was making me think fabric went thru which made me think sash. Corsets probably wouldn't have things that large. The other piece makes me think how ornate that it would be an item worn. Not an item from home decor.

Trooper Bri
10-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Nice little bit of finds there Dave. Beats a sharp stick in the eye, or hornets. :lol: Pretty good weekend to be off in the woods with the crew.

aloldstuff
10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Nice bit of hunting. Those ornate brass items are a mystery to me, but they look cool.

Lodge Scent
10-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Those Star of David thingies are very interesting finds. Can't say I ever saw anything like them before.

OxShoeDrew
10-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Nice little bit of finds there Dave. Beats a sharp stick in the eye...:lol: Sounds like you guys had a great time!

The Rebel
10-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Pretty cool brass what's its Dave. Did you do the tunnel rat dance into there?

Isaac
10-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Dave I love that pic of the inside of the cellar, way cool! Also the Star of David finds are very neat! The knee buckle is saweeeeeet too!! :envy: Comgrats

Digger Don
10-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Very cool finds & very cool photos. I agree with everyone, those ornate pieces are very nice looking and interesting.

Bell-Two
10-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Nice stuff, I am always please to find those "UDO's" unknown decorative objects :cheesysmile: