PDA

View Full Version : Weekend hunts w/ Ray

Isaac
10-20-2014, 06:57 AM
On Saturday I went by myself to a 1925 house and dug a lot of nice goodies. First I dug a brooch near the sidewalk with the stone still in it (fell out in pouch :( ) and then I moved on to the front yard where I dug three wheats next to a tree. After I hunted the small front yard, I moved on to the sideyard and didn't get many signals. After a while I hit some hot spots as I got a silver war nickel, a mercury dime and a few more wheats. I also dug a couple tokens including a Austrian Mother Teresa token and I dug a Gettysburg key chain fob... unfortunately this ground wasn't the greatest on coppers so the wheats weren't legible. I also dug a tootsite toy , early 1800s guilt flat button and some other neat old relics!

On Sunday I went out with "Kray" on the forum and we hunted some woods behind his house. I didn't find crap for 3 hours and in the last ten minutes I got a Bucky ball at 7". He got three Musketballs. One was 9" gave a crappy faint signal on the etrac and nothing on my AT Pro! He also dug an 8" deep clad quarter LOL :lol:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/80532a2a4d0af47dfc5c655062e40c8e.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/4838c59444fe292d1f913cdf102ac16d.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/bfde2282b2ea8a7fa4703b1c1989d6e8.jpg

GL and HH! :)

Full Metal Digger
10-20-2014, 07:05 AM
The Maria Theresa token is based upon a real coin (a Thaler) that was very popular for trade in Europe and Asia because of it's standard weight and purity. They started minting them in 1741. Interestingly, the word Thaler eventually morphed into the word Dollar.

Bell-Two
10-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Interesting finds and getting out with friends is always good!

Beartoe
10-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Super diggs. I recently found one of those lucky charms.

aloldstuff
10-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Some nice hunting. The info that DaddyDigger gave on the Mother Theresa token is great.

del
10-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Glad you and Ray were able to get out for a hunt Isaac , Ray is a good man and its fortunate that you two aren't too far away from each other. congrats on the goodies , love the imitation thaler.

Dan

kray
10-20-2014, 05:50 PM
It was fun, Isaac. We'll have to try some of my other sites. They're virtually hunted out but they're in so e beautiful land. There's also plenty more land where we hunted.
Don't give up on the AT Pro!

Isaac
10-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Super diggs. I recently found one of those lucky charms.

Yours is awesome! No corrosion on yours at all! That's a special find! Thanks!

Some nice hunting. The info that DaddyDigger gave on the Mother Theresa token is great.

Thank you!

Glad you and Ray were able to get out for a hunt Isaac , Ray is a good man and its fortunate that you two aren't too far away from each other. congrats on the goodies , love the imitation thaler.

Dan

I heard Ray also goes to CT... maybe we can all do a HUGE group hunt in December. :lol: The token was super fun to dig! Thanks :)

It was fun, Isaac. We'll have to try some of my other sites. They're virtually hunted out but they're in so e beautiful land. There's also plenty more land where we hunted.
Don't give up on the AT Pro!

I'd love to hunt with you again sometime soon! Thanks again for yesterday, it was a pleasure hunting with you and meeting you. The AT Pro is just fine on depth but that e-trac really sniffs out the deep stuff.

The Maria Theresa token is based upon a real coin (a Thaler) that was very popular for trade in Europe and Asia because of it's standard weight and purity. They started minting them in 1741. Interestingly, the word Thaler eventually morphed into the word Dollar.

Thanks Dave so much for the interesting history lesson, I appreciate it! :cool: I never knew thalers were also known as dollar "back in the day" :)

Isaac

Lodge Scent
10-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Some very interesting finds :congrats:

OxShoeDrew
10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
My gosh, you guys get around. Sounds like you had fun. Ray is a good guy and I hope to meet you next time you're up.

Isaac
10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Some very interesting finds :congrats:

Thanks LS!!! :)

My gosh, you guys get around. Sounds like you had fun. Ray is a good guy and I hope to meet you next time you're up.

Thanks Drew, same here I'd love to meet you. Ray is awesome..... it's a small world isn'[t it! :lol:

Nesdore
10-21-2014, 07:40 PM
:congrats: On a great bunch of finds Isaac glad you have some one close to hunt with :thumbsup01: