PDA

View Full Version : Silver dime trifecta

don in ny
10-20-2014, 08:02 AM
I must admit, I don't get very excited about finding silver Roosevelts anymore. I also don't get very excited finding Mercs. I really like the old stuff and that's what I'm usually on the hunt for. The other side of the coin is, if I'm going to be out detecting and not finding anything old, it is nice to add a few pieces of silver to the pouch. Makes it seem like it's not a total loss.

del
10-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Don there are many who share those same sentiments , I'm guilty of actually getting kinda mad or disappointed when I find a merc or barber at a 250 year old home site . I guess i'm getting spoiled of the old finds .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
10-20-2014, 04:33 PM
I also confess to occasional disappointment when digging a Rosie or a Washington quarter, especially when they are deep enough to be something older.

Are we spoiled or what? :lol:

Congrats on the three silver dimes, Don! Silver is silver! :yes:

aloldstuff
10-20-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm in total agreement.....spoiled. Though some of my old silvers came as a complete surprise, I'll gladly put a rosie in the pouch.

Beartoe
10-20-2014, 04:46 PM
ME... I would be most happy to find three rosevelt silvers in one day.

Fire Fighter 43
10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Congrats on the silver, WTG.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-06-2014, 11:27 AM
hear you about silver....give me religious medal anyday. take care and good luck on the next hunt. See old man winter is just around the corner!

Digger Don
11-06-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been finding a lot of Rosies lately at some very old houses in some very old towns.
Although it baffles me why there are so many newer Silvers there and as much as I would like to find Barbers or Seateds.
I'll take Rosies all day long if thats all the yard is offering.