PDA

View Full Version : More goodies at the hunted out park--silver count now at 111!

Full Metal Digger
10-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Hey diggers,

I went back to the old park that I had hunted so hard a couple years ago with my ACE 250. I had pulled more than 50 silvers and many old coins. Not bad for a park that is only one city block in size. You may recall I went back there a few weeks ago armed with my e-trac and 5 years experience and pulled 6 more silvers. I spent 4 hours there again and really focused on finding old coins masked by iron and trash. The war nickel rang up 12-19 and I thought it was a pull-tab for sure. The other silvers were all very difficult to hear due to heavy iron around them. Believe me, I dug many, many worthless iron targets today because I thought I heard a coin! I am always surprised at how many nickels can be found when you slow way down and really focus on each signal. Most of the nickels I found today were recent drops but there was a 1958 and 1961 in the bunch. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
10-22-2014, 03:52 PM
WTG on getting some more silver out of that park. As often as you have been there, its amazing that there is anything left.:congrats:on reaching 111 silvers for the year, that's quite an accomplishment.

Digger Don
10-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Congrats on 4 more Silvers Dave. Nice job on all the nickels. I love digging nickel signals, always hoping for an old one.
That War Nickel appears to be in great shape too. :congrats:

Ronandari
10-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Nice work getting all that silver out of that park. :thumbsup01: I love the Etrak for silver.

Ron

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Good job getting some more keepers out of that park, Dave! :thumbsup02:

Your silver count is very impressive again this year! :clapping:

wisconsin digger
10-22-2014, 08:51 PM
That's a nice hunt. Those hunted out Parks are always good on the nickels. WD

Full Metal Digger
10-23-2014, 07:18 PM
As often as you have been there, its amazing that there is anything left. [QUOTE]

Yeah. kind of shows I'm not as good a detectorist as I thought!

[QUOTE=Digger Don;176434]Congrats on 4 more Silvers Dave. Nice job on all the nickels. I love digging nickel signals, always hoping for an old one. That War Nickel appears to be in great shape too.

Thanks Don, I think that nickel was an early drop. The windows on Monticello are still quite visible.

Nice work getting all that silver out of that park. :thumbsup01: I love the Etrak for silver. Ron

Thanks Ron, it definitely will sniff them out of places other detectors can't.

Good job getting some more keepers out of that park, Dave! :thumbsup02:

Your silver count is very impressive again this year! :clapping:

Thanks Tony, I learned a lot watching you detect and I owe my improvements all to you!

That's a nice hunt. Those hunted out Parks are always good on the nickels. WD

Yah, I was really hoping for some buffaloes or V nickels. I have found many in that park before. But it was all Jeffersons this time!

Mr. Digger
10-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Very nice finds Dave. Where I dig (the woods) I dig all nickle signals but a vast majority of the time they are shotgun shells. I wish I would find more nickles. Congrats on the excellent hunt!

Beartoe
10-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Good job cleaning the remaining coins especialy nickles.

I have been going over parks where I thought I had cleaned it out with my old Eagle Spectrum. I am surprised how many nickles I missed and have found with the multi-frequency V3i. In one day I found 13 nickles, a high score for me. Also found two gold rings that rang up in the same range.

I love that nickle range. I guess I will be going back to a few of the parks I cleaned out with the Eagle.

Fire Fighter 43
10-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Congrats on all the silver, WTG.