PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT*KNEE BUCKLE*DANDY BUTTON & SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2010, 06:34 PM
I met up with Frank (fastfrank) on right side of pic & Paul (tattoou) left side of pic.. for a cellar hole hunt.
I finally found my 1'st knee buckle. :peace: a small broken conestoga bell,a few wheaties,a damaged cloak or dandy button,a small religious medal(anyone know what it means?greek?) and a 1944 silver qtr in franks yard at the end of the day.
woulda been a nice bottle if complete and ever see ceramic plumbing? :shocked04:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
i thought the reverse of the pointed medal was a mirror image.i cleaned it up a bit more and it has 2 different sides.G can ya re-do some research?

Ill Digger
06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
:thinkingabout: I've never seen ceramic pluming either :dontknow: Interesting piece though :yes:
What ? No big coppers? :poke: lol
You found some keepers though.
Are the wheats from the cellar hole? Do you think the celler holes were active in that time period? Or just lost by hunters in the woods? :dontknow:
Cool pics as always thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
06-19-2010, 08:46 PM
What no coppers :poke: :poke: lol Had to do it to you too. Great mug shot of you guys but fastfrank's pants have to go. rofl Who does his deocrating. Just teasin' ya. Don't know about the metal, it looked German to me, but I couldn't find anything on it. Congrats on your finds. It was a great day out today. I did about 8 hours myself. :yes: It was good to get out.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2010, 10:54 PM
:thinkingabout: I've never seen ceramic pluming either :dontknow: Interesting piece though :yes:
What ? No big coppers? :poke: lol
You found some keepers though.
Are the wheats from the cellar hole? Do you think the celler holes were active in that time period? Or just lost by hunters in the woods? :dontknow:
Cool pics as always thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

frank got a 1801 draped bust.the wheaties were probably dropped by hunters.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
What no coppers :poke: :poke: lol Had to do it to you too. Great mug shot of you guys but fastfrank's pants have to go. rofl Who does his deocrating. Just teasin' ya. Don't know about the metal, it looked German to me, but I couldn't find anything on it. Congrats on your finds. It was a great day out today. I did about 8 hours myself. :yes: It was good to get out.

lol at his pants.i paid for burger king on the way home and made the excuse i'm too grungy to go in frank just go through the drive-thru rofl
no way in hell was i walking into BK with him wearing those :-\
i thought it was german too but look at the E's they are greek

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM
a guy on another forum nailed the meaning of both sides.it is Greek george! :teasing:
here's his quote below

Originally Posted by frhamlet
One side says genesis or beginning(birth) the other says baptieds or baptize.

del
06-20-2010, 12:18 PM
looks like a fun day with friends Dave , another one that detects in shorts huh:huh: nice finds . congrats on the knee buckle . thumbsup01

coinnut
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
another one that detects in shorts huh:huh:

Do the words Poison Ivy and Ticks mean anything? :confused: I'd re-think that set up for woods detecting :yes:

a guy on another forum nailed the meaning of both sides.it is Greek george! :teasing:

Good to know, cause it's all Greek to me lol :tongue: :tongue: