PDA

View Full Version : 12 Button day and 1 Conn.

foundation hunter
10-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Me and Gary found a cellar on a dead end road but the road ended right in the peoples yard,so I told Gary pull over I will go ask permission to cross through these peoples yard.I knocked on the door told them there was a foundation down the old road asked if we could metal detect there.He was so nice he said jump in my truck I will give you a ride down there,within 1 hour i had 12 buttons and 1 conn,it started raining so hard we had to leave but we are going back Tuesday.I still have more cleaning 5 buttons have design.

Trooper Bri
10-26-2014, 08:21 PM
That's a nice pile of finds in an hour! Can't wait to see them cleaned up.

Bell-Two
10-26-2014, 08:59 PM
The Jones button with the gilt looks like one I dug a couple of weeks ago!

The Rebel
10-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Awesome looking spot ya got there! Love the buttons!

aloldstuff
10-26-2014, 11:15 PM
I'd love to find 12 buttons in one hunt but would do a dance to find a state copper. :congrats:on your finds and I hope that Tuesday is as productive.

MangoAve
10-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Which one did you nick with the digger? It happens. Nice bunch of buttons. Pic #6 the floral button looks painted only, but in #7 it you can tell it's...."engraved"

Lodge Scent
10-27-2014, 08:08 AM
You have some nice ones in that pile :thumbsup01:

Another nice looking CT cellar hole :thinkingabout:. You could swing a 30 inch coil there if you wanted too. I am jealous. It seems that 90% the old cellar holes sites I have hunted here in southeastern MA are all briar choked and been filled up with modern trash. Time to move to CT ! ;)

foundation hunter
10-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Which one did you nick with the digger? It happens. Nice bunch of buttons. Pic #6 the floral button looks painted only, but in #7 it you can tell it's...."engraved"
Those nicks were already there,thats the Conn copper its worn you can barely make it out.