PDA

View Full Version : Hit my goal today

NAGOLOCOP
10-27-2014, 12:36 PM
This past spring I set a goal to beat my last years silver coins count. Last year I got 25 silver and today I got my 25 and 26 for the year. I also did it without hitting any parks or public places (only private property with permissions of course) I was getting a little nervous due to my detecting is slowing down fast getting into hockey season and all.
Today I pulled out a 1934 Quarter and 1926 mercury. And a good luck token.
HH

Tony Two-Cent
10-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Congrats on hitting your goal! I've found that metal detecting is a very goal oriented hobby, whether it is to find more silver, find older coins, or to find a bucket list item. It always feels good to meet one of those goals.

The good luck token is neat too. I often use an SOS pad to remove the worst of the corrosion from aluminum tokens. How far away are you from Robbinston, Maine?

NAGOLOCOP
10-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Congrats on hitting your goal! I've found that metal detecting is a very goal oriented hobby, whether it is to find more silver, find older coins, or to find a bucket list item. It always feels good to meet one of those goals.

The good luck token is neat too. I often use an SOS pad to remove the worst of the corrosion from aluminum tokens. How far away are you from Robbinston, Maine?

I live about 20 minutes away across the border.

aloldstuff
10-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Huge :congrats:on beating last years silver count. Nice early Washington to boot.

Full Metal Digger
10-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal. You are obviously getting better at using your machine as well as locating good spots to detect. HH, Dave.

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Congrats on hitting your goal, WTG.

Beartoe
10-28-2014, 08:47 AM
:congrats: Now you gotta beat this years total silver. The bar keeps getting higher.

Nesdore
10-28-2014, 09:30 AM
It always feels good to accomplish a goal Congrats on the nice Silver quarter and Merc

Digger Don
10-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Congrats on beating last years total. And with big Silver too!
Keep swinging and keep it climbing.:detecting:

zrickkid
10-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Man way to go. My previous best silver total was 25 as well and this year as of yesterday I hit 60! Mostly at private property hunts like you have been doing. i feel it is the best way to go. Hope you beat that number next year!