PDA

View Full Version : Finds from the last few hunts - One silver had friends

wisconsin digger
10-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Back in the single silver mode but have managed to find a few keepers the last 2 weeks. A couple of Hi-lites were, first, I was able to get permission to an old Church Camp I hunted with my Dad 40+ years ago. Back in the day this camp gave up some seated dimes and quite a few other silver as well as lots of Indians. I'm guessing it was hunted hard since I was last there but I did manage to find a couple more Indians and 3 old Wheaties so I think I'll plan an all day hunt there if the weather holds. My second hi-lite was a local Park I have taken a few silver out of the last 2 years. Got some yard work done so I went out for a short hunt before dark. I managed to get one real nice signal that turned out to be a Merc about 6" inches down so I was content with getting a silver. As I headed back the car I got another really nice signal in an area I browsed a few times but did not hit to hard. I was hoping silver as it was another 6-7" 12-45/46. I was not disappointed when I saw the silver rim of a Rosie. Filled in the hole and scanned again only to get the same signal (music to all detectorists ears). Removed the same dirt and loosened a little more and found another silver Rosie. Closed up everything and checked one more time and you guessed it another solid 12-46 at 6-7" only this time it was a Merc. (1943, 1946 & 1947) all laid to rest probably 60+ years ago. That always puts a smile on your face. All in all a few nice hunts in the best time of the year to detect in Wisconsin. Hope to hunt through November. Take care Wisconsin Digger

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the silver and Indians. That old camp has to have some undiscovered silver, try a small coil in the trashy areas. I'm sure there hiding amongst the trash. Good luck on your return trip.

aloldstuff
10-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Silver with friends is always a great thing. That old church camp sounds promising, with some IH's and early wheat's still there. Low and slow might get ya a seated..:thumbsup02:

Hope you can detect past November

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Great finds , I'm sure you will find more there .:yes:

Digger Don
10-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Congrats on your 3 Silver spill. That had to be a great surprise.
I'm sure you'll get more when you go back.

Beartoe
10-28-2014, 08:42 AM
All nice finds but the buffalo is my favorite.

wisconsin digger
11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
It's amazing what a little vinegar and salt will do to those Buffalo's. WD