PDA

View Full Version : Called into action.

Trooper Bri
10-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Before I got into dirt fishing this year, I enjoyed regular fishing (and still do). So I got a PM last week from a guy on I site I've been on forever. He lost his wedding ring while raking leaves, and needs a hand. Even better, he's only a town away in Stafford. The found rings stories are super cool, and hope I can score another one for detectorists. Headed there Sunday.

Isaac
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Good luck Bri! Hope you're able to find it for the guy, HH :)

del
10-30-2014, 10:49 PM
very nice Brian , give me a call if you want a hand looking for it :detecting:

Cheap Thrills
10-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Best of luck , I think you will find it .:thumbsup02:

MangoAve
10-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Is the house/land old as well? If so, you might have three coils to search for it seeing #2 above. :lol:

Lowjiber
10-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Good Luck.:) I love doing that too.

Trooper Bri
10-31-2014, 01:19 PM
very nice Brian , give me a call if you want a hand looking for it :detecting:

I don't have your number Dan. Was planning for around noon. He thinks he knows roughly where he lost it. I may put that huge 18x15 coil back on the V3i. Be glad to have you along if you're itching to get out.

And it doesn't look like an old property Jim. He's on the backside of Crystal Lake.

Nesdore
10-31-2014, 01:37 PM
Good luck on your quest hope you find it...I'd come help but I think I live a little to far away :hystericallaugh:

aloldstuff
10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Nice that you can do this for a friend. Let us know the outcome and get a picture of you returning the ring if you can. Put another X in the good guy column.

Trooper Bri
10-31-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't know the guy Al. He just happened to see my lone detecting post on our Outdoors forum from a few months back. What's the best way to return the ring for the pic? Should I get down on one knee, make it look like I just found it? :lol:
Of course I'm taking pics. Surely you've seen the crunk I've paraded by you guys all summer.

aloldstuff
10-31-2014, 06:40 PM
I don't know the guy Al. He just happened to see my lone detecting post on our Outdoors forum from a few months back. What's the best way to return the ring for the pic? Should I get down on one knee, make it look like I just found it? :lol:
Of course I'm taking pics. Surely you've seen the crunk I've paraded by you guys all summer.

I know.....I just didn't want to mention it.....:hystericallaugh:

Digger Don
10-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Good luck on hunt. I'll bet you find it.
Another notch on the good side for detectorists.
Thanks

MangoAve
11-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Don't do that Bri. We might tease you asking if he said yes if u have a pic on one knee. Lol. Even if we know real intent. I'd say in the grass and then one handing it over. Btw, there were about three old houses and two mills near the area you mentioned but doesn't mean his is close to one of those.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Good hunting...any PR for the hobby me bouy!

Beartoe
11-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Just thought I would give you two bits of really inexpensive advice.

If you can not find it in the lawn... consider the pile of leaves. Hopefully they have not been dispensed to the city dump!

Last spring I looked for my neighbors ring. He knew exactly where he lost it... He was shoveling snow and he lost it along the driveway. I searched and searched but never found it. A month later his wife was defrosting the the deep freezer they have in the basement, and she found it at the bottom of the freezer.

According to the wife , she figured my friend left it at his girlfriends, retrieved the ring later and then stuck it in the freezer to complete the fabricated story. She did smile when she told me this :cheesysmile:, so I believe she was just kidding... :cheesysmile: