PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt*windy cellar hole day

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Todd and myself met up with Carol,CT Todd & GK Man for a cellar hole hunt in NY.I found the sites,GK man found owner and carol secured permission.was a joint effort that worked out perfect.
We all met at 6:30 except Carol who was driving around wondering where the heck we were.finally at 7 am she pulled in and we were off.i figured there were 4 sites here and we found most of them.
The sites were all hit pretty good but managed a couple keepers.a nice bridle rosette,a ornate colonial shoe buckle frame a pewter button,a ram rod guide ,half a ox knob lol and the cool non metal things include a bear claw and after a stem piece or 2 surfaced i kept digging around and found 2 more pieces and finally part of the bowl surfaced.i was pretty excited as i never found a bowl portion yet.
was very windy and a big tree went down near one of the cellar holes.CT todd noticed the base twisting and warned us i kept my eye on it as i was hunting not far away.5 mins later CRASH! she came down.
Was a nice day with good friends.thanks everyone!

del
11-02-2014, 08:24 PM
congrats on the shoe buckle and rosette , great group picture by the way

Bell-Two
11-02-2014, 09:08 PM
It looks like you guys had fun, and that's the main thing. The photo of your finds is really great very artistic! Nice shoe buckle and Rosette class stuff! :congrats:

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
11-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Couple of nice finds, looks like a cool place to hunt.

Isaac
11-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Some sick finds you got there Dave... especially the pipe and the bear claw... pretty unique stuff! don't see those too often. :cool: love the pics too

OxShoeDrew
11-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Seems like you had fun. Good looking buckle and congrats on the pipe!

aloldstuff
11-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Sweet looking buckle frame and rosette. Very nice that you found that pipe and I gotta wonder how that bear lost it's claw???

Lodge Scent
11-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Nice hunt Dave. Almost a full pipe!

Beartoe
11-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Yup! looks like a good time was had by all.

Good Job! :congrats: On all the great finds.

When you mentioned Bear Claw... first thing that came to my mind was a sweet pastry. Well with that many folks , someone had to bring some donuts and coffee for break time. :lolsign: Or maybe that's just me.

The Rebel
11-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Nice job on the saves Dave. Sure was windy, I was out yesterday as well & man you had to keep an eye out for falling branches & trees.

Nesdore
11-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Great Hunt looks like you guys had a great time that pipe is Awesome and the shoe buckle as well :congrats: