PDA

View Full Version : Water Hunting

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
11-02-2014, 09:50 PM
I was wanting to start hunting shallow creeks and lake beaches in my area, I was wondering if the search coil on my White's MXT is submersible in water?

Beartoe
11-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I have always been told that the White's coils are water proof. I have had each of my coils submersed in water at one time or another with no problems.

Having said that, be aware that the electronics in the control box and display panel are NOT WATER PROOF.

Do not drop the detector in the water.

Good luck :thumbsup01:

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I have always been told that the White's coils are water proof. I have had each of my coils submersed in water at one time or another with no problems.

Having said that, be aware that the electronics in the control box and display panel are NOT WATER PROOF.

Do not drop the detector in the water.

Good luck :thumbsup01:

Ok, thanks for the reply.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-04-2014, 07:13 AM
Most coils these days are good to go in shallow water. Risks involved if you are splashed, fall or a rogue wave hits you. Spend the bucks on an aquatic model....swishing is a whole new world!

Vito
11-04-2014, 11:56 AM
ahh... another thing to tink about is, please do NOT raise the coil over control box level after submerged because the water inside the lower shaft (tube) will rinse the electronics.
Normally the gap between electronic box and pod, where the wiring goes through, is sealed with some type of silicone. But better be careful than frying the MXT.

White's coils are submersible and after using them in salt water I give them a good freshwater rinse.