PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out...

chief5709
11-03-2014, 08:16 AM
November 2nd - Last week I received permission to hunt a late 1800's farm. I picked up my cousin first thing in the morning traveled about 40 minutes to the site. It was windy and cold, glad I brought my heavy Carthart jacket. Met up with the owner and he told us we could detect anywhere we wanted including the yard. Spent most of the day in the front yard and had a pretty good day with a variety of coins and buttons.
- 178? Conn Copper (still figuring out the variety)
- 1808 LC
- 1864 Two Center
- (2) Mercs '41 & '44
- Washington '61
- Wheatie
- Buttons & Heart pendant

Looks like we will make the trip back there. The older Beers Maps show a house long gone in the corn field. Unfortunately the corn is still up or we would have checked that out too.

Bell-Two
11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Now that is an awesome hunt. Love the State Coppers!

MangoAve
11-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Nice variety. Dates vary widely there. The two center and the classic head look like good shape. I believe the large flat button I found this summer is the same as the one you got. Altho I do not have any information on it.

aloldstuff
11-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Those are some great finds. From State copper to a wheat, then throw in an early LC and 2 cent piece, top it off with some silvers...:wow:

Can't wait to see what's in the corn field

OxShoeDrew
11-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Now that's a quality hunt right there! I too have some places where the corn is still up, all brown. Those are dates across the board, dig much clad?

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-03-2014, 06:14 PM
very nice hunt Brian

del
11-03-2014, 06:22 PM
don't be a tease Brian show us some close ups of them coppers ,Man!!:lolsign:

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
11-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Awesome, really nice finds! :congrats:

Lodge Scent
11-03-2014, 07:11 PM
That Classic Head looks good even from a distance ;)

chief5709
11-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Now that is an awesome hunt. Love the State Coppers!

Thanks! Its my second Conn. Still trying to figure out the variety. Bust is facing right

Nice variety. Dates vary widely there. The two center and the classic head look like good shape. I believe the large flat button I found this summer is the same as the one you got. Altho I do not have any information on it.

Thanks! I think the button is just a big plain coat button.

Those are some great finds. From State copper to a wheat, then throw in an early LC and 2 cent piece, top it off with some silvers...:wow:

Can't wait to see what's in the corn field

Now that's a quality hunt right there! I too have some places where the corn is still up, all brown. Those are dates across the board, dig much clad?

Yup, still a lot of brown corn up here in New York too! Didn't dig much clad at all... which was surprising.

very nice hunt Brian

Thanks Dave

chief5709
11-04-2014, 06:21 AM
don't be a tease Brian show us some close ups of them coppers ,Man!!:lolsign:

I'll work on it Dan. Traveling a lot for work this week!

Awesome, really nice finds! :congrats:

Thanks!

That Classic Head looks good even from a distance ;)

Yup, she's in great shape. Full Liberty on the front. The owner of the property was standing next to me when I dug it. He couldn't believe the coins that we were finding.

Beartoe
11-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Nice diggs Cheif. That's a humdinger of a hunting hole you got there.

What area of NY are you hunting? Must be down state somewhere.

Digger Don
11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Great job on the Coppers And the 2 center. The silver is a nice bonus. WTG & Congrats

CTTodd
11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
That's getting it done. Nice Brian

chief5709
11-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Nice diggs Cheif. That's a humdinger of a hunting hole you got there.

What area of NY are you hunting? Must be down state somewhere.

Thanks Beartoe. Actually I'm in the Saratoga area. This particular spot is in Granville on the Vermont border.

Great job on the Coppers And the 2 center. The silver is a nice bonus. WTG & Congrats

Thanks Don

That's getting it done. Nice Brian

Thanks Todd! I was inspired by the hand modeling...