PDA

View Full Version : another silver hole hole with...

leslie(nova scotia)
11-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Looked in the mirror after I awoke from a 13 hour night shift. Lord love a duck I thought I was looking at the idiot box watching a character from "The Walking Dead" or "Nation Z." With this undead I struck up a conversation.
"It's raining out!"
"So what."
"Darn cold too."
"Big deal."
"The pinched nerve in my neck is throbbing."
"Wimp!"
"But my knee is aching."
"Suck it up buttercup."
With that I said frig it and grabbed my Pro, headed to Nogo Sojo and went south east with Pink Floyd's Echo blasting. Ended up at a park that I have done about a ....gazillion times. Parked across from a Ford that had 4 teenagers in it with a sweet smelling haze fluttering out all four rolled down windows. Prayed to the patron saint of metal detectorist Saint Digalot that my car would be intact when I returned.
Limped up a main path then veered left and went mountain goating. After 15 minutes I was ready to jag it in but pushed forward. Just about hung myself out to dry in the rain as my wire to the headphones got stuck in a branch. Self started again;
"Almost did it that time."
"Sod off!"
"You should quit old man."
"Take a flying leap off the closest pier."
Two minutes later on a somewhat sharp slope the Pro sounded. You know. That sweet sound . Like Frank Sinatra in his prime. The lesche was pressed into action and the wet ground. A SILVER...more Sinatra croning...SILVER...copper, copper...SILVER, a very faint sound, rocks were moved, sound became louder, another rock was moved...SILVER! Toasty coppers were also added.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/004-65.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/leslie19/media/004-65.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/006-42.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/leslie19/media/006-42.jpg.html)
Pain was forgotten. I was done in after one hole. Gimped back to Nogo Sojo....the silver magnet.
Once home the Pro was put in the spare room beside a dejected Freedom 3 Plus who will see action the next weekend I have off at some school yard/playing field. Warming up a tad more to the Pro since it hasn't broken down in the last few months(been to Garrett 4 times).
Mr. Pain made himself known and I quickly downed 2 minute yellow pills that my with doctor had prescribed last week. Marie put supper on the table as I exited from the shower. Great meal served with a homemade blueberry wine. A warmth spread through me..........pills. Sat on the couch hoping that a Man U game was on or maybe a ball game......um season is over. Monday night Football! Thought about the days dig and how a 1917 Newfoundland quater ended up in the same hole as 3 1940 dimes. A conundrum, an Epiphany like knowing that one's digging time is nearing an end. Marie snuggled. The warmth continued............where is that dam football game!

Full Metal Digger
11-03-2014, 07:14 PM
That's a pretty good spill! What Pink Floyd song were you listening to?

aloldstuff
11-03-2014, 07:16 PM
If the pills have worn off and you can read this post......:congrats:on a super dig. Multiple silvers and a nice early on at that.

RIdirtdigger
11-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Those are some nice silvers, you had a great hunt. I was wondering however, how often do you dig American coins and silver up in Canada?

Tony Two-Cent
11-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Another amusing post from Les! :thumbsup02:

I love seeing those old silver Canadian coins, especially the 1917 quarter! What a beauty! That was a fantastic coin spill.

Congrats, Les!

:perfect10:

leslie(nova scotia)
11-06-2014, 11:09 AM
I would say off hand that in my 43 years at the hobby Yank coins would be 1 in 25 that I dig. Love

Beartoe
11-06-2014, 12:35 PM
"Money.. it's a game."

This saga lends credit to the saw "No Pain, No Gain"

Good show on overcoming and finding some exceptional treasure. That 25 cent is a real beauty.

Fire Fighter 43
11-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the silver, WTG.

Robbie
11-06-2014, 08:28 PM
That is nice,:)

wisconsin digger
11-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Great batch of silver. WD

mownomo
11-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Congratulations on the hunt amid all the pain. I guess silver helps recovery (I wouldn't know). :envious: I get pumped listening to Glen Miller, Count Basie, Tommy Dorsey & Talking Heads. :lol: