PDA

View Full Version : who would you most like to detect with

lee
11-06-2014, 08:13 AM
i don't know if this has been done before but i thought it would be nice to get a feel for who you would most like to detect with if you had the chance.
i my self over the last 4 years or so have had the pleasure of hunting with some great people ,dirt fisher , angel , Chris , mango , along with the nutcases like chrisinct , alolstuff and trooper bri....lol.
as a lot of you probably know i do for cellar holes what a fish does for a bicycle !!!!!! absolutely useless.
so with this in mind i got to thinking , who would be the person that could make me a cellar hole colossus :lol:...........its got to be del.
i can imagine what a day out in the woods with del would be like 'lee that lump with some rocks on top is a cellar hole" i would be like :shocked05:it is ?.
"lee this is 7 counterfeit state coppers i just found in the wall next to it " and then my head would explode :whiteflag:.

seriously though del would be the guy i would really like to hunt with , his knowledge of coins and relics i think you will agree is second to none and having met him at the YTC club meetings i know he is an all round nice guy....ok he has a beard but i can over look that.....:grin:.
please join in with this post as i am genuinely interested in seeing who are our heros.
cheers.
lee.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Easy question.....Navy Davy here in Nova Scotia, Pierre in South Africa and a dozen more time with my mate Jim K in the UK...going back again next year!

Skamaniac
11-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, but there's just no way I could choose only one. I love hunting with anyone who can teach me something, so that opens it up to everyone on the forum. I had a hoot hunting in Texas with mownomo. I'd like to hit the east coast with some of the local members there for sure.

del
11-06-2014, 03:44 PM
so with this in mind i got to thinking , who would be the person that could make me a cellar hole colossus :lol:...........its got to be del.
seriously though del would be the guy i would really like to hunt with , his knowledge of coins and relics i think you will agree is second to none and having met him at the YTC club meetings i know he is an all round nice guy....ok he has a beard but i can over look that.....:grin:.

lee.

:embarrassed: Lee , I really don't know what to say ..... I'm honored :embarrassed::embarrassed:

maybe we can get out one of these fridays coming up before Thanksgiving.

I'll even shave the beard mate!

The Rebel
11-06-2014, 04:09 PM

MangoAve
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Lmao. Yous guys funny.

I'm kinda with Ska. Lee, I did see your bio on the main page here written by : I don't remember. I see a lot of potential here. I've been out with Dan and yes he is very knowledgeable. I will give credit where due but don't like to swell one's head. All whom I've already been out with I would like to get back out with again. For those whom I haven't gotten the privilege of hunting with, I'd need to segregate my answer. If I wanted to find rings I would be out with Pl8man. Idk what it is but those guys out in Illinois be hitting parks like mad. Tony, Daddy, and Don stick to mind. For close to me, Dave, both Todd's, Roger, Gkman, and Foundationhunter cuz I can get more experience with cellar holes. I'm not putting the right priority on the spots on my list to hit. But that Giant guy... he finds some nice things but I find enough buried toys on my own. Lol.

Digger Don
11-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Any one who loves doing this as much as I do.

mownomo
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I'd like to hunt with anyone who can tell me what all those sounds and numbers on my MD mean. :grin: I guess I've not been at this long enough to be aware of each individual's expertise, but it wouldn't matter if y'all were as congenial as my friend Skamaniac up in "Windy, Wet, Washington".

Trooper Bri
11-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Alright, I made the nutcase list! We should rent a short bus and have an outing somewhere.
Lee, get out with Dan and you'll be digging in the woods and parks. Can't thank him enough for the invites and teaching me some basics. I'm hooked.

Got a heck of a local community. Hopefully I get a chance to meet more of you guys soon.

Nesdore
11-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Well since I can't choose just one I would have to say first and foremost Tony two cent since he is the reason I know about this great forum and he finds all kinds of awesome coins..... I would also like to hunt with heavymetalnut and Thiltzy just for the simple fact that they look like they have an adventure every time they go out hunting and because I'd love to hunt some cellar holes in Connecticut...Also Bell Two would love to hit some fields with him and Diane...and last but not least Digger Don and Al I think it would be a blast hunting with this father/son team :) HH

Isaac
11-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Anyone on this forum basically! :notworthy:

Beartoe
11-07-2014, 09:58 AM
This old body of mine is not as spry as it used to be. Trucking through the woods five miles round trip and trudging uphill coming and going is no longer in the cards for me. So I guess my choice would be anyone who can get me to a good spot to hunt without getting more than a mile or so from the vehical and where the terrain only goes uphill in one direction. (Preferably down hill on the way back)

If wishs were horses...

Full Metal Digger
11-07-2014, 10:02 AM
I would like to hunt with anyone who might be new to the hobby and perhaps I could pass on some of my limited knowledge on selecting good sites and how to find the deeper, fainter signals.

Fire Fighter 43
11-08-2014, 09:32 AM
I would like to detect with anyone who shares the same passion for the hobby that I do. But, If I had to choose one it would be my buddy from IL "Tim" aka Ill digger. We always have a great time and he has the exact same attitude about the hobby that I do. Cold, rain, snow ect nothing will keep us from swinging, ain't that right Tim LOL.

Cheap Thrills
11-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Lance and Andy .

anvilmanco
11-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I know I'm going to get in trouble here, but first I would love to hunt with ANYONE on this Forum.. But for a nice switch, I just looked up and saw a "Knockout" Weather Girl on TV and I would hunt with her before any of you guys. Sorry about that...Sure glad my sweet wife doesn't look at this Forum. :shocked03::devilish:

EKW

lee
11-15-2014, 08:10 PM
I know I'm going to get in trouble here, but first I would love to hunt with ANYONE on this Forum.. But for a nice switch, I just looked up and saw a "Knockout" Weather Girl on TV and I would hunt with her before any of you guys. Sorry about that...Sure glad my sweet wife doesn't look at this Forum. :shocked03::devilish:

EKW
ha ha ha ha ha.....good call matey boy.
mind you i have heard heavymetalnut looks a bit tasty in a bikini :cheering:

MangoAve
11-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Imma change my answer. Jimmy Sierra.

Ill Digger
11-17-2014, 09:55 PM
I would like to detect with anyone who shares the same passion for the hobby that I do. But, If I had to choose one it would be my buddy from IL "Tim" aka Ill digger. We always have a great time and he has the exact same attitude about the hobby that I do. Cold, rain, snow ect nothing will keep us from swinging, ain't that right Tim LOL.
Thanks Jeff! You got that right! :thumbsup01: I'd hunt with Jeff "Firefighter 43" anytime! :yes:
I've had the opportunity to hunt with quite a few people from American Detectorist so far. I've swung a coil with Firefighter 43, Jkress, Tony Two Cent, Daddydigger, Silverstar, Tech125, Marinedad, DiggerDon, DiggerAl, Tanacat, Don11971, Howdy ..... :confused: did I forget anybody? :lol: But like Jeff, I'd hunt with just about anybody who has the same passion for the hobby as I do. But if I had to pick another member to hunt with I'd have to say .... :thinkingabout:.... ChicagoRon. One of these days I'd like to cross the pond and go to England with Ron on one of his biannually "Barn" hunts! .... One of these days. :daydream:

Thiltzy
11-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I would love to hunt with my Father. I don't think he would be able to handle the tuff hiking into the woods thing unfortunately. Wish I started this hobby a lot earlier...

Jeff (or)
11-19-2014, 11:52 PM
I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but here goes. I would have loved to have hunted with Frank Fish. He lived the life most of us can only dream about. A very interesting man, and a great treasure hunter.