PDA

View Full Version : The park produces again....and again !

MIKE54
11-10-2014, 04:21 PM
I had to go back to the park I scored 3 silvers at last week and found a 1940 Merc, a religious medal (not silver) and a wheat on Sunday in about 2 hours. Went back today and got a 1942-S Merc and a couple bucks in clad before I went to work. This place is loaded with wheaties as I found 11 more today and, surprisingly only 10 memorial cents. In 4 trips here I've found 5 silvers and 30 wheats. Here are photos from Sunday's hunt. 4429744298

MangoAve
11-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey. Save some silvers for me!! I'm in need. Lol. I did find some possibilities to check hopefully. Another (wooded) park that had a few mills and then a house down the street with a really large yard. The road name I think has some significance but the area where the house is might have changed a little bit. Another house has got the yard cleared of trees and a big dumpster by the house. I think it's 1843. Good u are getting lucky.

MIKE54
11-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey. Save some silvers for me!! I'm in need. Lol. I did find some possibilities to check hopefully. Another (wooded) park that had a few mills and then a house down the street with a really large yard. The road name I think has some significance but the area where the house is might have changed a little bit. Another house has got the yard cleared of trees and a big dumpster by the house. I think it's 1843. Good u are getting lucky.
Jim, believe me there are plenty left in this park. Let me know when you are free to detect !

Digger Don
11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Nice job on all the Silvers & Wheats.
I hope that park keeps on giving.

aloldstuff
11-10-2014, 06:20 PM
When you got a park like that, hit it over and over. Nice detecting, your totals says it all. :congrats:

mownomo
11-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Congratulations of the great finds. It sounds like the park is reproducing.:lol: It must feel good to come home with something each trip. Keep up the good work and keep on posting.

Tony Two-Cent
11-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Nice finds! We are fortunate to live in a time when good finds can still be had at public parks. Sometimes I am amazed at how much is still left in them.

:congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Congrats on some nice finds, WTG.

MIKE54
11-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Nice finds! We are fortunate to live in a time when good finds can still be had at public parks. Sometimes I am amazed at how much is still left in them.

:congrats:So am I, Tony, especially in Ct. We're looking for needles in haystacks around here in the parks so it's twice as rewarding to find silver in areas where you just know a hundred coils have passed near that coin.

MangoAve
11-12-2014, 06:28 PM
So am I, Tony, especially in Ct. We're looking for needles in haystacks around here in the parks so it's twice as rewarding to find silver in areas where you just know a hundred coils have passed near that coin.

I concur with Mike. Obvi this is not against you, Tony, cuz I'm talking demographics and location, but think of the population density. All up the east coast is really dense. Being an older area I think there are more detectorists trying to take advantage of the older land. To back up your comment, were at the start of digital and better machines. Imagine in 10 years when you take all the silver out of the ground out in IL, what will be left to find?

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
11-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Nice silver, and that's a lot of wheaties for one place.