PDA

View Full Version : Nice Hunt with Dan

aloldstuff
11-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Dan drove up to my house this AM and after showing him the two other coppers that I had gotten from the field we were going to and looking at my military display we decided to hit the road. By the way I was able to add to my copper collection and military collection so the next time Dan is up this way I am going to show him my early silvers.....:lol:These fields are very close to my house so travel time was nil.

I had told the owner that we would only be detecting in the areas that he had grown corn, good choice. I started on the left hand side and Dan on the right. My first pass nothing but some square nails. Dan gets buttons. My second pass I manage a musketball, good sized one to. Dan's got more buttons. My third pass I scored a KG III, 177-.

Crossing the street right off the bat Dan gets another button. Myself, I get beer cans. And more beer cans. Finally toward the end I get a nice dandy button and another musketball and a flattened out piece of lead and a cut up something?

Dan's has some other items which I hope he will post up.

It was a great day to get out and detect and Dan thanks for the company.

P.S. I think that I have scored coppers in 4 of my last 5 hunts, very rare for me.

Tony Two-Cent
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Glad you were able to get out for a hunt with Dan! It sounds like you are on a roll with the coppers, Al! Congrats on the King George III.

Nice dandy button too with the shank intact. I will never get over my jealousy of you guys in New England and your ability to find coins and relics from the 1700s or older. Awesome!

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
11-11-2014, 02:35 PM
You're on a roll Al! Dan is the button king..he can find buttons by the bushel. Don't you hate 177- coins :lol: If only the first two numbers were unreadable. I wish I was able to get out with you guys today! You have an open invitation to come over to one of my sites ...and I hope to get out there soon. Congrats on your KG and your sweet dandy!

aloldstuff
11-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Tony, you always have an open invitation to come on over to the east coast and detect.

Drew, I will keep in mind your open invitation, but seeing that the weather is turning it will probably be in the spring.

del
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Al , I very much appreciated the invite and you couldn't of asked for a better fall day here in New England . That first field has a lot of potential there had to have been a home site there close by with all them buttons . I had a great time , congrats on the copper (the bust looks somewhat different then earlier ) and the dandy button .

Dan

The Rebel
11-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Very nice day to be out & some nice finds to boot! WTG on that KGII!

Nesdore
11-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Great Hunt Al Congrats on the old copper and the dandy button....I like Tony will forever be jealous of you New Englanders and the rich history :envious:

Trooper Bri
11-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Congrats on the copper Al. That spot is paying out well. Couldn't ask for much better on a warm week day in mid-November.

aloldstuff
11-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the copper Al. That spot is paying out well. Couldn't ask for much better on a warm week day in mid-November.

Thanks Brian, it was a perfect weather day. Wish you could of made the hunt.

Digger Don
11-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Congrats on the copper and Dandy. Sounds like you guys both did very well.
I especially like the 1980 Memorial. LOL

Fire Fighter 43
11-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Very nice, congrats on the KG.

MangoAve
11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Drew, I will keep in mind your open invitation, but seeing that the weather is turning it will probably be in the spring.

Hopefully this coming spring/summer will be a lot more outings than this past one. A lot of missed opportunities for at least me with/without buddies. That KG is a bit crusty but at least you know which type it is. Nice finds. Idk what it is tho with those cans. I have found the way to distinguish if it is a can, but I tend to not pay attention to it. Too many iffy signals that I just pass up and then bam, here's one that is a "repeatable" (the numbers fluxuate a bit more for cans and detect area is large) so I dig it and get disappointed. I tend to not ignore them due to the fact getting only iffy signals at the really old house with log beams this summer and producing nothing for a while and just guessing on one specific signal I would have passed up, and out comes a merc... I changed my analyzation/rationalization on signals.