PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Afternoon Hunt- 4 more Silvers & 500th Wheat

Digger Don
11-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I decided to take half a day off today and go detecting for a bit. I drove north, just short of the Wisconsin border to a town we hit earlier this year. I got a polite NO from the first 2 houses , but number 3 said yes. It was a very small yard, but I did manage a 1953 Roisie. The next house I hit had a larger yard and I was probably there a couple of hours. My very first signal was a 1946 Washington. then for the next hour, nothing but 3 wheats. ( the last one made 500 for the year for Digger Al & I ).
On the way back to the car, I dug a twisted sterling ring. Hey, It's still Silver. LOL. Then 10' from the car I dug 1919 Merc.
I was going to call it a day, but as I was driving away I saw a woman in her driveway. I figured why not, maybe I could find a Barber Dime and get my first Dime Tri Fecta. She said Yes and wished me luck. Well, I did find another silver dime, but it was another Merc. A 1941.
It was a great afternoon.

aloldstuff
11-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Any time you can take off from work and go detecting is a good day. Sorry that you did not hit that dime trifecta but 3 silver dimes, plus a silver Washington, a sterling ring and some wheat's, fantastic. :congrats:on all the keepers and for your 500th wheat.:thumbsup02:

mownomo
11-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Nice haul for a few hours. 500 wheats.....let's see....at 15 cents each...... Hey, that's $75 bucks. Maybe a fifth of Glen Livet? Naw!!!
Take the family out for supper? Yeah!!!!! :grin: Congratulations.

Tony Two-Cent
11-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Good job on the silvers and wheats, Don! :clapping:

Let's hope that this polar vortex doesn't stick around long! :crossfingers:

Digger Don
11-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Good job on the silvers and wheats, Don! :clapping:

Let's hope that this polar vortex doesn't stick around long! :crossfingers:

Thanks Tony, I appreciate it.
Hey, it's only Cold. I'm diggen till I can't dig any more.:frozen: