PDA

View Full Version : first snow dig.....slip and lip

leslie(nova scotia)
11-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Seems like a month since the last time Navy Davy and I managed to hook up and go a digging. We headed towards Windsor and stopped at a park just as a light snow began to fall. Undaunted by the white stuff we swung our way to the back side of the park to a chorus of cows making the sounds that cows make. Targets were few and far between. The snow intensified sticking to our machines making them feel at least twice the weight. Mud. That too managed to stick to everything. By the time ND and I each dug our targets, not near a quota we were at least 20 pounds heavier with all the water from the wet snow being absorbed into our clothing.
Navy Davy with his great foresight decided that he would take the old highway back instead of the 100 series highway. Halfway back we saw a car in the ditch and Navy Davy checked to see if the guy was okay....was indeed as he was laughing(at least till he gets the towing bill) on his cell phone. Road conditions with the snow were dangerous to say the least but as we entered Mount Uniacke...the snow was replaced by rain.
Once ND deposited me home I cleaned up and headed to the grocery store. We had been talking about stew on the way home...had to make some with the aid of ND's secret ingredients! ND phoned saying that the 100 series highway had been closed down due to a car on it's roof. He also added that he sent me an email with a photo of his finds.....not a computer person so here goes...from email to the forum...I hope!
file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Downloads/Snow%20day%20001.JPG
So much for that idea(and affront to my computer skills as well) and if anyone can help me on this computer photo thing it would be appreciated. Photo shows a dog tag from Amherst and about a dozen coins.
Doing what I know how to do I downloaded to photobucket with my lip smacking finds of two lip stick tubes,dog tag, keys and a few coins.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/009-20.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/leslie19/media/009-20.jpg.html)
Now its time to put my Pro in the shower and wash the mud off while at the same time getting Hunny Bunny a tad agitated for messing up the shower. AHHHHHHHHHHH the life of a digaholic!

aloldstuff
11-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Well I hope the wife doesn't get "stewed" over the messy shower. It's tough when the weather sticks to you and your machine, but :congrats:on getting out and another for getting home.

Digger Don
11-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Sounds like you had an interesting day of hunting. I can relate to the shower clean up. If there is a muddy spot to hunt, I always seem to find it.
Congrats on your finds

Beartoe
11-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Good story Leslie. Makes me want to get my winter gear on and go do a little detecting. The rain stopped two days ago and all we have now is an inch or so of snow.

I believe I will put my little 4X6 shooter coil on and do some bleacher hunting. I should have the parks all to myself.

Skamaniac
11-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Great story as usual. Haven't tried the shower thing yet. Believe I'm better off if I keep it that way.