PDA

View Full Version : bit of a social with me mates

lee
11-15-2014, 08:04 PM
got out today with chrisinct and trooper bri and had a right good laugh along with some blindingly good finds.
we started at a house that Chris had drove by , old Victorian built in 1852 but had a fire last year and is pretty gutted.
chris started one side of the house and me and bri the other so the two v3i machines wouldn't talk to each other (chris and bri swing the same detector).
after 1 min i get a signal on the f4 reading a steady 72 in all directions at 2 inches , out pops a bloody great big silver ring , im off and running .
another 5 mins go by and bam !!! another 71-72 signal but right on the top , im thinking clad dime but no , i push away the grass and there lays a beat to hell 1903 barber dime , the silver dance followed of course:happydance01::happydance01:.
2 mins later bri calls out he has a Wheatie 1943 , this place is beginning to look good.
after half hour chris got a wheat and we had pretty much covered the yard so we began to swing back to the car and im in again !!!! beep beep a nice 71 mixed in with a low tone signal right over where bri had just been . digging down out pops a nail laying right on top of a 1923 mercury !.
chris said he has another place we could hit , a hill behind a hospital , it looked promising and after a few mins i hit a nice dog tag that i still have to clean but it looks like a nice early one and i think its 1919, then bri pops another wheat , then i get a wheat...this is turning out to be a nice day.
working my way back to the car i see chris had already taken off his headphones and was watching me teetering about on a rock cliff face when i get a nice 80 signal at 4 inches , digging down out comes a silver hair Barret in the shape of two horses , the silver dance ensues once again :happydance01:.
we did hit another promising looking place but nothing more was had.
great time out with me mates today even though with the silvers i got they kept threatening to tie me to a tree and leave me there :shocked01:.
bri met an old detectorist when we where at the last place he said his name was "THE BARD" , bit stuck up for my liking and spoke with a right funny English accent kept yelling out things like "a horse a horse my kingdom for a horse" and "alas poor yoric i knew him well".
anyway here is a few pics.

Trooper Bri
11-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Met at Lee's house first and took his wheels to meet his friend Chris a couple towns away, who had a few spots for us to try out. Chris comes out of the house, and I recognize him from the fishing site ctfisherman.com here in CT (same screen name too). Although, it's been 8-10 years maybe since I saw him last. Since meeting, Lee and I discovered we mutually know a few other fishermen as well. Small world, or state anyways. :lol:

Alas, whupped by the silver-haired devil again. That sterling pin (the pin lock is on the left) is a beauty. And I believe your Merc is peeking out from under your clad. Anyone want to see a silver magnet, go on a hunt with Lee. Him and that F4 are deadly. I walked over that Merc, and Chris may have too.
I managed a couple wheaties, some lincolns, and a bit of crunk today. Including an oddly clean square nail in a stream bed that rang up high.
That forgotten picnic area is definitely worth another go. We should have stayed there.

Thanks for the invite Chris and Lee, a blast as usual. And I had to go over and get a pic of Shakespeare so that last stop of the day wasn't a total bust. :hystericallaugh:

aloldstuff
11-15-2014, 10:11 PM
And I had to work....:girlcry:. A Barber dime on top of the grass :wow:. Lee, thanks for the heads up about this post, was definitely worth the wait. You, Bri and Chris killed it today. That silver horse hair holder is a beauty and a huge :congrats:on all your keepers.

Hope you get invited back to that honey hole.

MangoAve
11-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Why does that Shakespeare bust look familiar? A few silvers is a good hunt. Too bad you have the machine that costs less than the V3i that the others have. Wait Al, horse hair holder?

aloldstuff
11-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Why does that Shakespeare bust look familiar? A few silvers is a good hunt. Too bad you have the machine that costs less than the V3i that the others have. Wait Al, horse hair holder?

My way of describing a barrette ......

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Sweet digs, you guys! It sounds like a good time was had by all. :clapping:

mownomo
11-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Looks like you not only had a good hunt, but some great fellowship to boot. BTW, is there a date on the Pull Tab? :lol:

lee
11-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Looks like you not only had a good hunt, but some great fellowship to boot. BTW, is there a date on the Pull Tab? :lol:
yup...shandy bass 1980...lmao

Fire Fighter 43
11-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Good finds with good friends, you can't ask for much more than that, WTG.