PDA

View Full Version : New Cellar hole coughs up some buckles

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Todd and me went lookin for 2 new sites.we get near 1st site and we hear a voice from above like God speaking "may I help you"? i'm like looking around and Todd see's a hunter up in a tree stand.we apologized and left that area onto next location.
Get down near river area that i thought a site may have been and there she was!
Todd got the coins I got buckles.2 shoe buckle frames,one being pewter, a nice complete knee buckle,a piece of twisted iron and a iron gun hammer.not sure if it's off a pistol or a rifle?.then we decided to go back to a site where I dug a script A artillery button.Todd did well there too.I got the most beefiest crotal bell I have ever dug.even the ball inside is lead or same material as bell.doesn't attract a magnet and no rust at all on the ball inside.
Was a great day,temps were brisk in the morning 28 degrees but got up to about 40 by afternoon

del
11-15-2014, 08:43 PM
great relics Dave , wish I could of joined you two today

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-15-2014, 09:07 PM
great relics Dave , wish I could of joined you two today
thanks Dan,yeah we sure missed having you along .

Isaac
11-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Nice relics today Dave... I really like the Knee buckle! The hammer piece is very interesting as well! Keep it up :congrats:

Bell-Two
11-15-2014, 09:51 PM
What a nice bunch of relics. And the hunter was polite at least I probably would have jumped a foot! :shocked03:

kpmoose
11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Awesome finds Dave. Be safe out there during hunting season. :shocked04:

MangoAve
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM
I guess he chose the right camo cuz you didn't even notice him. Idky but those buckles always look like they are something else when you take a pic right out of the ground and they are filled with the dirt.

aloldstuff
11-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Some nice buckles and that crotal bell is beefy. Hope you guys are wearing some orange colored items.

giant056
11-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Fantastic bunch of relics :thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
11-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I'm with Al, I hope you are wearing orange. Does that knee buckle pin move?

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-16-2014, 10:03 AM
we didnt have orange cuz we didnt think there was hunting allowed in this area.so maybe he wasn't supposed to be there

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I'm with Al, I hope you are wearing orange. Does that knee buckle pin move?
i didn't try to move it.last time i played with a tongue & chape the pin broke so,i'm gonna leave it as is

del
11-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Todd and me went lookin for 2 new sites.we get near 1st site and we hear a voice from above like God speaking "may I help you"?

:lol::rofl: you should of knelt and said "Lord we're just here for the coppers" :lol: I can just picture you guys out in the middle of nowhere feeling very alone and hearing "the voice" and then you two giving each other a very serious but confused look :lol: i take it it was a bow hunter ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-16-2014, 11:17 AM
:lol::rofl: you should of knelt and said "Lord we're just here for the coppers" :lol: I can just picture you guys out in the middle of nowhere feeling very alone and hearing "the voice" and then you two giving each other a very serious but confused look :lol: i take it it was a bow hunter ??
todd seen him i didn't lol.idk if he had a bow or a rifle? todd said we are looking for a cellar hole and the voice from above said " A WHAT?" i said sorry sir we are going and said todd lets go!

Trooper Bri
11-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Very nice buckles and crotal bell Dave. Hopefully you figure out what that hammer fits. Careful out there. Trespassing and poaching does happen in the state a lot since we're so small.

The Rebel
11-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Nice looking finds Dave. I would have jumped outta my boots to hear a voice coming from above.

Got this from the CT DEEP Website:

Sunday Hunting Prohibited - Possession of hunting implements on Sunday in the open is prima facie evidence of violation. Sunday hunting is allowed on licensed private shooting preserves when the operator has permission from the town.

Prima Facie Evidence of Hunting - Possession by any person of a loaded hunting implement while at or entering or leaving an area where a reasonable person would believe the objective was to take wildlife. Except that a person may, one hour before sunrise during the regulated deer and turkey firearms hunting seasons, be in possession of a loaded rifle or shotgun provided a live round is not in the chamber of the rifle or shotgun.

Lodge Scent
11-18-2014, 05:54 PM
More very cool finds!