PDA

View Full Version : UN 'REALE' HUNT! 8 REALES , WOOOOOOO! (lotsa pics)

Isaac
11-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey guys ... me and my dad decided to spend Saturday detecting the other (right) side of the 1824 house yard. I was not expecting a lot since this was the "unoriginal side of the house" but I decided to hit it anyway. Well my first signal was an umbrella slide Victorian era so I knew I was onto something. Then I get a nice penny signal and it was a nice very nice sterling earring of some type! Then up the grid a bit I get a penny hit and it turned out to be an 1878 Indian head in really good shape... then another a few feet in front of it. 1883 Indian head. Then I get a signal in the 50s nearby like a tab but why not dig it... well it turned out to be my first TRIME... three center!!! 1853 was the date.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298232&d=1416103214

Then I get another signal and it turned out to be a lead soldier of sometype and then I dug another nice penny signal and it turned out to be anoter Indian. 1870 in really nice shape this time. Right next to the Indian while gridding the front of the house I get another signal a bit higher than the Indian heAds I've been getting. It comes right on my shovel! Seated silver!!! My first seated dime... !!!! 1886! I was over the moon at this point!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298233&d=1416103381

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298234&d=1416103424

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298235&d=1416103434

Then right next to the seated and Indian spill I get yet another signal... you guessed it... my fourth Indian head for the day... an 1889!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298237&d=1416103528

As I detect the rest of the little strip I get my first Washington D.C. bus fare token, a pocket knife, and half of a brass tweeZers tongs or scissors.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298239&d=1416104256

As I get farther from the house and closer to the road I lose a lot of signals... then I head towards the sideway next to the driveway and make a beeline to the backyard via the driveway. too bad I was unable to make it to the backyard but I hunted along in between the driveway and house. There was signals every two feet! First signal was a nice confederate bullet .58 gardener... then I get my first ever V nickel a 1900 in pretty rough shape but who cares it's my first... that's not all.. I go up a bit more and get a nice tombac button (1750s-1780s era I think) then another button this time a flat button dating in the 1830s-1840s then another button... this time it's my first General service or Union COAT button!!! Nice!!! Then up few feet from the button patch I get a nice .58 musket ball and a Bucky ball... then up a few feet from that I get another pull tab signal and this time it's a gold bracelet!!!!! Well........ I looked at the marks and it said 1/20 12K G.F. oh well... looks nice still! :)As it starts to get dark and my dad is about to pick me up I get a 1919S wheat... then I get a large signal and that turns out to be a cap gun... which is my first! Yay! Finally can knock tht one off the list. My dad pulls up and I dig one last target. Solid 80-81 at 6" ... it's dark so I pull my plug and put the pinpointer down there and i can't believe I didn't scratch it... out popped a HUGE piece of silver!!!!!!! Holy !!!! !!!! I just realized I dug ANOTHER piece of cut silver!!! Another Spanish reale!!! But this time it's an 8 REALES!!!!!!! At this point I was screaming "Oh my god" oh my god!!! I am still in shock!!! WOOO!!! I think it's 1780! Holy !!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thanks for reading y'all!!! GL and HH WOOO! HONESTLY I never thought I'd get two reales in a row let alone an 8 REALEs! :cheering::cheering::cheering::yahoo::yahoo::happy ::happy::bananadance::happydance01::shocked05:

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298238&d=1416104102

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298240&d=1416104386

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298241&d=1416104399

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298242&d=1416104440

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298243&d=1416104450

P.S. The person did a terrible Job on the cutting of this coin LOL!!!!

Digger Don
11-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I would have over the moon too. That;s a great bunch of finds.
Especially the trime & seated dime. Great Job

Tony Two-Cent
11-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Now that's a day for the record books! :notworthy:

So many incredible finds! Semi-key date Indian head, TRIME, seated dime, and a cut 8 Reales!

I'm pretty sure the 8 Reales is dated 1790. :yes:

Congrats on the spectacular day, Isaac!:perfect10:

Bell-Two
11-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Wow Isaac you are just killing it, lovely finds thanks so much for sharing! :wow:

RIdirtdigger
11-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Amazing hunt, absolutely amazing

lee
11-15-2014, 09:53 PM
wow , great hunt mate.
by the way your tweezers/scissor thing is actually part of a candle snuffer dating from about 1820-1860 , i only know this by inheriting a full set when i bought my house (house 1775).
once again mate...you are on fire son!!!!!

aloldstuff
11-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Everybody, why do I find myself waiting for Isaac's posts.....now you know why. This was a hunt that had me filling up my drool bucket.

So many firsts, like a trime, a V, a cut 8 reale, and a seated dime. Put some icing on the cake like that semi-key date 1870 IH which looks to be in pretty good shape, and then all the civil war items....:perfect10:.

Hugest :congrats:on your hunt.

kpmoose
11-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Epic hunt Isaac. Congrats on all your firsts. You'll remember this hunt forever. :congrats:

MangoAve
11-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Wow. A lot of great finds. I had to go back cuz I didn't think you mentioned the silver earring. As others said, you are killing it. I know you say "who cares if someone hit the property before".. but what would the next person say if you were the last one there? Another large caliber bullet. And yes that silver is cut horribly. When you say the trime rang up like a pull tab, is there any elaboration? I may have to ask someone who lives here to let me check it on my machine, but I'd also have to see them. Elaboration is in what it would read as. I get 4 ranges for pull tabs on my machine. Some read just below a nickel which would be the same numbers as gold ring, some read a little above the nickel, some just below a copper penny, and a few times they happen to read like a dime. Guessing 50 on yours would be just below a copper penny....

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-16-2014, 07:04 AM
what a awesome hunt! I don't know why but,I can't see any pics? they are all broken image icons?

MangoAve
11-16-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't know why but,I can't see any pics? they are all broken image icons?

Not sure what Isaac uses to upload pics but it's different than photobucket like Tony, Tim, and Giant use. And it's different than direct upload to site. When ever it's photobucke I can't see on certain computers (they block certain external sites) and direct load to this site show up as small thumbnails when not signed in. Isaac's are usually there even when not signed it it's large pics cuz I was able to verify pic on 2 real on comp that blocks phot bucket. I had your issue happen once or twice. Idk.. Either try clearing your cookies and browser history and try again. If not it's a setting on the browser. If u have smartphone, try it there to see the pics.

rsarge1
11-16-2014, 09:58 AM
:shocked05::shocked05::envious::envious::perfect10 ::perfect10: WAY TO GO!!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-16-2014, 10:01 AM
i see em now.weird!

Isaac
11-16-2014, 10:49 AM
I would have over the moon too. That;s a great bunch of finds.
Especially the trime & seated dime. Great Job

Thanks Don! Finally glad to have found these coins! :)

Now that's a day for the record books! :notworthy:

So many incredible finds! Semi-key date Indian head, TRIME, seated dime, and a cut 8 Reales!

I'm pretty sure the 8 Reales is dated 1790. :yes:

Congrats on the spectacular day, Isaac!:perfect10:

Thanks a bunch Tony! So excited to make and edit and upload the video! I think it's 1790 too, I must've been too excited to notice what I was typing! :lol:

Wow Isaac you are just killing it, lovely finds thanks so much for sharing! :wow:

Any time Tony! Thanks for looking! :)

Amazing hunt, absolutely amazing

Thanks Jim! Still shocked!

wow , great hunt mate.
by the way your tweezers/scissor thing is actually part of a candle snuffer dating from about 1820-1860 , i only know this by inheriting a full set when i bought my house (house 1775).
once again mate...you are on fire son!!!!!

Thank you so much Lee for the wonderful information on the brass piece, appreciate it very much! :) Take care!

Isaac
11-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Everybody, why do I find myself waiting for Isaac's posts.....now you know why. This was a hunt that had me filling up my drool bucket.

So many firsts, like a trime, a V, a cut 8 reale, and a seated dime. Put some icing on the cake like that semi-key date 1870 IH which looks to be in pretty good shape, and then all the civil war items....:perfect10:.

Hugest :congrats:on your hunt.
Thank you so much for the kind words, Al! :blush:

Epic hunt Isaac. Congrats on all your firsts. You'll remember this hunt forever. :congrats:

No doubt! Thanks man!

Wow. A lot of great finds. I had to go back cuz I didn't think you mentioned the silver earring. As others said, you are killing it. I know you say "who cares if someone hit the property before".. but what would the next person say if you were the last one there? Another large caliber bullet. And yes that silver is cut horribly. When you say the trime rang up like a pull tab, is there any elaboration? I may have to ask someone who lives here to let me check it on my machine, but I'd also have to see them. Elaboration is in what it would read as. I get 4 ranges for pull tabs on my machine. Some read just below a nickel which would be the same numbers as gold ring, some read a little above the nickel, some just below a copper penny, and a few times they happen to read like a dime. Guessing 50 on yours would be just below a copper penny....

Thanks a lot for commenting MangoAve! The trime rang up like the beaver tail pull tab. Right smack in te middle of nickel and zinc penny.

i see em now.weird!

I first upload the pictures on Friendly via Tapatalk on my phone then I go on my computer copy and paste the thread here... that might be why you can't see them.

Dan do you think this coin will get on the banner? :lol: :poke:

del
11-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Isaac , first off I'd say your hunt was "4-real" ;) so many great finds sir!!:perfect10: beautiful seated , sweet eagle button , a trime , semi key indians and a cut half 8 real .:wow: your turning into the "Cut Silver Magnet" , very happy for you !

Isaac
11-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Isaac , first off I'd say your hunt was "4-real" ;) so many great finds sir!!:perfect10: beautiful seated , sweet eagle button , a trime , semi key indians and a cut half 8 real .:wow: your turning into the "Cut Silver Magnet" , very happy for you !

Cant believe the finds I'm having are "4-reale"! ;) :lol: Thanks Dan and take care.do you think this deserves to be on the banner? ;)

sonofdust
11-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Beautiful finds Isaac. Now you'll have to rewrite your bucket list. :perfect10:
HH.

RIdirtdigger
11-16-2014, 07:34 PM
why hasn't this made banner?

The Rebel
11-16-2014, 08:23 PM
WTG Isaac on that 8, umm 4 Reale, LOL! Love all of the finds!

Isaac
11-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Beautiful finds Isaac. Now you'll have to rewrite your bucket list. :perfect10:
HH.

why hasn't this made banner?

WTG Isaac on that 8, umm 4 Reale, LOL! Love all of the finds!

Thanks so much everyone! HH :)

chief5709
11-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Great finds there Isaac! :notworthy: I love the assortment when digging old lawns. Congrats!

Lodge Scent
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Nice bunch of finds for sure !