PDA

View Full Version : Quick park hunt - 11/16

Trooper Bri
11-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Had a few hours to kill after chores this morning, so took a ride and tried out a park that a section of had been fields maybe 100 years ago. Nothing too old, and the park itself isn't all that old either.

Started on the fields side, getting the usual park finds shallow, but also was getting some deep targets 8-9 inches down. Farm stuff. Most interesting was a 2" buckle from horse tack probably, faucet handle, and what looks like a homemade hand carved egg sinker with a hole drilled through it. It's a big sucker, 1 1/2 inches, and the initials AH carved on it as well.
Moved along to check out more real estate, and everything else was typical park fodder. Clad.

Overcast, spitting a little snow here and there, but still not a bad day out. And I had the place pretty much to myself.

Digger Don
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
You got a few good finds and a whole bunch of clad. Great Job.
That sinker is huge.

Skamaniac
11-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Holy cow, that faucet handle really takes me back to mowing the lawn and stopping to drink from the hose as a kid. Looks like you had a decent hunt.

MangoAve
11-17-2014, 07:49 AM
The buckle still has the leather in it. Was the sinker scratched for return to sender if the guy lost it? LOL.

aloldstuff
11-17-2014, 07:51 AM
You usually are alone in a park when its spitting snow....nice that you got out though. I save all faucet handles.

Beartoe
11-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Looks like you had a good hunt. Got a little bit of everything.

I hope the winter freeze stays away long enough for you to get in a couple more hunts.

mownomo
11-17-2014, 11:29 PM
That's a lot of clad. It'l spend. Way to tough out the cold. Hope it's not your last of the year.