PDA

View Full Version : maybe my last hut for the season

NAGOLOCOP
11-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Started out today with a few flurries and it turned into a snow storm. (thought we were supposed to get rain). 1st picture

first good target was a bent button,2nd and 3rd pictures I took a couple of needle nose pliers and bent it back. could use some help with the age and what it is?
And the last pictures are of probably my last silver of the season 1910 quarter pictured with a bail seal.

If there is any chance at all that this snow turns to rain and goes away I do have planes to jump the border for one more hunt tomorrow at my American site.

HH
:canada:

Beartoe
11-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Good diggs!

The snowy picture is very similar to what it looked like in my backyard this morning. For the last few hours the temp has risen to just above freezzing and it has been raining. All the snow is gone. (Until tonight that is)

aloldstuff
11-17-2014, 03:12 PM
My question is how did that button get all wrapped up like that? Nice silver quarter and lead seal. Hope your weather holds out for you.

mownomo
11-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Brrrrrrrrr! Makes me glad I live in the Sun Belt. We get to play golf year round, but we bundle up for that. I don't know how it is going to be detecting and digging with all the cold weather gear. Way to go on the finds. Good luck on the American Site.

giant056
11-18-2014, 03:40 AM
Great score on the sterling silver quarter :thumbsup02: It looks like I'm in a predicament here for the rest of the winter, I will probably try getting in a hunt maybe in 5 days when the temperature is supposed to get up into the 40's and possible 50 but after that I can't say, we're getting a bunch of lake effect snow from lake Michigan til 9PM to night and theres already about 8 inches of snow on the ground right now.

Digger Don
11-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Nice job digging the old Quarter.
I hope you get a break in the weather and get in a couple more hunts.