PDA

View Full Version : My last two fridged hunts.

Fire Fighter 43
11-18-2014, 03:26 PM
We are experiencing colder than normal temperatures here in Wisconsin and I can see an end to my detecting season coming soon. The ground is starting to freeze so I thought try and squeeze in a couple more hunts.

The first hunt was a return to the grove with the 6 inch coil on the CTX. The tempuratures was in the mid teens with wind chills in the single digits. As always the grove did not disapoint me. I managed two more silvers, a 38 & 42 Merc. I also found a couple wheats and $1.64 in clad.

The second hunt was a return to the camp Ive been hunting. It was a little more of a challenge with temps in the mid teens and an inch of snow on the ground. Like the previous trips it also gave up the goods. I found two more silvers a 43 Merc and a 47-D Rosie. I also found an 03 Indian, a nice sterling pendant, 10 wheats and $1.60 in clad.

We are suppose to warm up here for a few days next weeks so hopefully that will extend my season into December. I hate to have to pack it up for the year.

Skamaniac
11-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Hard fought with the temperature and wind, but some nice items nonetheless. Hopefully you'll get a few more hunts in before the deep freeze.

aloldstuff
11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Here's hoping for a few more hunts before the big freeze. You got yourself some more keepers despite the chilly temps. :congrats:

POKIE73
11-18-2014, 06:38 PM
congrats on your finds takes a die hard hunter to brave these last few days

Digger Don
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Congrats on your nice finds. I hope we all are able to get out a few more times.
Have you noticed that the cold isn't that bad when digging good stuff!!

Ill Digger
11-18-2014, 11:54 PM
A couple more nice hunts Jeff! :thumbsup01:
Congrats! :grin:
I hear ya on the cold. We've already got some light frost in the ground here.
But from what I hear we might be getting a slight warm up over the weekend.
But I'll be up north deer hunting. So my year might be over as well. :bummer:

Beartoe
11-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Them are some well earned treasures. Makes me want to go out and brave the cold here in Central NY. No snow where I live. Just cold and the ground is frozen the first two inches.

giant056
11-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Excellent bunch of silvers and Indian :thumbsup02: we get the lake effect snow really bad where I'm at and it snowed bigtime for a long time here, hopefully well get a warmer day with a lot of rain to melt it all before winter officially is here.

Tony Two-Cent
11-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Four more silvers, a nice Indian and a silver religious pendant! Your perseverance definitely paid off, Jeff! :thumbsup02:

:congrats:

mownomo
11-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Nice finds Jeff. You must be one tuff bird to hunt in that kind of weather. Hope you have a nice warm fire to thaw out in. Congrats on the Silver and IH.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-21-2014, 10:20 AM
You will be in tight with the BIG Guy now after that hunt! Nice silver. Religious medals are always a nice find!

BTV Digger
11-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Out hunting with temps in the teens...your're definitely a die hard. I guess if the wind wasn't too bad you could keep sorta warm. Congrats on the nice finds.

-John