PDA

View Full Version : Quick One Hour Hunt - My First Capped Bust Half Dime and More!!!!!

Isaac
11-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Dan, this is payback for the capped bust you dug 5 feet from me at the cellar hole you guys invited me to hunt in August :poke::poke::poke::hystericallaugh::rofl::lolsign: :rofl::hystericallaugh::poke::poke::poke:

Just kidding :lol:

Okay guys I went back to my amazing 1824 property today for an hour of hunting after school. Too bad it gets dark so early. When we got there I decided to hunt right where I left off... where I dug the 8 reale... well that obviously paid off as I dug a fain signal... out popped an 1869 semi key date Indian with beautiful details as well as a cuff button from the same hole... that's a nice way to start. After that I get nothing for a while so I decide to head back towards the area I dig the seated, trime, Indians, from the last hunt and on my way there I get a beauty of an 1887 Indian head. Then I get a shallow 60s signal... expecting yet another pull tab as I have already dug about a dozen from this little strip. I get a nice 1900 v nickel! I then am heading back into the front yard when I get a faint 50s signal which turned out to be my second Washington bus fare token from the property. I also got two cuff button type thingies on iffy signals nearby.

But then , as the sun sets, the signals deplete and I am anxiously awaiting for the next iffy signal to pass under the coil. As I sweep in a spot for the 100th time , I get a faint blip of a high tone signal and when I popped out a tiny silver disk from the hole... I was pleasantly surprised . There it was ...a capped bust half dime. My first capped bust half dime ever!!! I thought i was digging another half dime out of the hole cause I was getting another hit with the pro pointer... turned out to be a big old rusty nail only an inch deeper. That's what was making the signal so iffy. Since A lot of the good signals were iffy signals most people would pass over... I am proud of myself for taking the time to test out these signals. Most of them are deep iron nails falsing but some are surprises like these ....

So physicked about this. This has been one hell of a week for me! Five pre1900s silvers (first ones since January 2013) and my first two 1700s silvers... I'm absolutely amazed at what this property has given up only for a few hours of hunting! The owners of the property are great people... it doesn't happen very often that people are interested in what you found. So glad that there is still nice people in this world. http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for reading and looking everyone. GL and HH

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298749&d=1416537070

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298750&d=1416537081

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298751&d=1416537091

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298752&d=1416537116

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298753&d=1416537133

http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298754&d=1416537142

RIdirtdigger
11-20-2014, 09:40 PM
amazing find isaac

MangoAve
11-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Nice finds. Getting a lot of luck there. I laughed when I saw the first few lines. Idk why all the sudden the forum has been flooded with v nickel finds tho.

Nesdore
11-21-2014, 04:16 AM
:perfect10: Isaac you have made several great finds once again :wow:.....huge :congrats: :drool: what a dream permission HH

aloldstuff
11-21-2014, 06:07 AM
WTG Isaac. A capped bust anything is on most everybody's wish list. Huge :congrats:on you getting one and of course all those other keepers (especially that 1869 IH)

Tony Two-Cent
11-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Congrats on the Capped Bust Half Dime, and the 1869 Indian Head is a great find as well! :thumbsup02:

There is definitely a lot of history in that yard! It's great that the owners are being so cool about you detecting there. You are still finding good targets with regularity so I would keep hitting it!

:congrats:

Bell-Two
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Fantastic going Isaac! That is a very nice Capped Bust, nice details on it. Nice Indian as well. Keep hitting that place I bet there is even more there. Looking forward to more of your posts thanks so much for sharing!! :perfect10:

Isaac
11-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone!!!!! The 1869 has a few of the diamonds still
visible on the ribbon... for a semi key date this thing looks good! I don't know what to say about the 1830 capped bust half dime... unreal! Someone offered me some $$$ for the Indian head.... I didn't realize the semi-keys with detail were so sought after. HH everyone :)

The Rebel
11-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Killer Finds Isaac! Love that Dime! I hope to find one before the year is out.

SeabeeRon
11-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Great job kid!! :cool::congrats:

OxShoeDrew
11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
OMGosh Keep at that site! I guess that dime would be tops of my wish list :envious: Congrats!

MangoAve
11-21-2014, 04:30 PM
That dime... maybe it was used as a pendant cuz the hole at the top. Still a nice find.

Gaspipe101
11-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice finds love the half dime

Isaac
11-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys!!! I think the half dime was used on a string or a pendant which gives it some character. :)

Good luck everyone on your next hunts. HH!

Ill Digger
11-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Man! What a place!! :perfect10:
The coins coming out of this place are unreal! :shocked05: To find just one cut Real, or one capped bust half dime, or only one semi-key date IH from a place would be a achievement! But to find all of them, and then some, from one place is just mind blowing!! :shocked01:
I'm still dreaming of the day I find a half dime (of any kind). :daydream:
Congrats on yours!! :grin:

Isaac
11-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Man! What a place!! :perfect10:
The coins coming out of this place are unreal! :shocked05: To find just one cut Real, or one capped bust half dime, or only one semi-key date IH from a place would be a achievement! But to find all of them, and then some, from one place is just mind blowing!! :shocked01:
I'm still dreaming of the day I find a half dime (of any kind). :daydream:
Congrats on yours!! :grin:

Thanks Tim for the comment. I'm still shocked... this place is just incredible, right?! :grin: With all the finds you're getting lately, there's gotta be a half dime in your future. Keep hitting those old homesteads. GL and HH :) Isaac

del
11-22-2014, 09:03 PM
:shocked03:what a sweet place to detect and very sweet :loveit:coin Isaac , . So glad you found one :yes: your having an incredible year Mister!!:yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2014, 07:43 AM
that home is mind blowing! congrats! some amazingly nice finds have come out so far

Thiltzy
11-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Awesome Isaac! A capped bust silver is still on my bucket list and so is an 8 reale and you already have both. Your doing great

Isaac
11-23-2014, 04:27 PM
:shocked03:what a sweet place to detect and very sweet :loveit:coin Isaac , . So glad you found one :yes: your having an incredible year Mister!!:yes:

that home is mind blowing! congrats! some amazingly nice finds have come out so far

Awesome Isaac! A capped bust silver is still on my bucket list and so is an 8 reale and you already have both. Your doing great

Thanks a lot guys! This house site has been a blessing ... I'm in awe of what this house site is STILL giving up for me! :grin: Hope we are able to hunt in December :)
Happy hunting and have a good one guys - Isaac

Trooper Bri
11-23-2014, 10:37 PM
You're a digging machine Isaac. Those Indians are in great shape.

Digger Don
11-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Your having an unbelievable year Issac. That house is a site of a lifetime.
Keep it it up.
Also, I just watched your videos for the first time, VERY WELL DONE.