PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Coin Spill

mownomo
11-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Yesterday I experienced my first ever coin spill. Although it was only clad, it was a rush. I got one target after the other for a total of 16 coins. (eighty-two cents). It was all within a 6' x 6' area beneath a light pole. The best I can figure is that a lineman spilled them from a cherry-picker. A few of them were as much as 8" down, but most about 2 inches or less. Hope I can have a repeat with silver someday. Thanks for listening.

Digger Don
11-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Congrats on your spill. It is a great feeling for sure.
Keep on swinging cause that Silver spill is out there waiting for you.
Good Luck

aloldstuff
11-21-2014, 06:00 AM
A coin spill always makes me smile...:cheesysmile:. As Digger Don stated, that silver is only a few swings away.

Beartoe
11-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Good snag Mowno. Spills are fun.

Do not forget token spills. My record is seven Chuckie Cheese in one hole. Yeah Chuckie :cheering:

mownomo
11-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Good snag Mowno. Spills are fun.

Do not forget token spills. My record is seven Chuckie Cheese in one hole. Yeah Chuckie :cheering:
Wow. That's a lot of Chuckeeee!

BTV Digger
11-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Coin spills are a rush regardless whether they're clad, silver, or if you're lucky colonial. Congrats and keep up the good work. If you can find where old bus stops were in your town, those can also prove really productive. Old city maps from the public works department would be a good place to start on finding those if you're interested.

-John

MangoAve
11-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah I know. When I found three quarters in the same hole and I saw one side completely silver I was pumped... then I see the dates. The sides that were touching didn't get oxidized.

Skamaniac
11-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Congrats Johnny! Coin spills are awesome. I got hopelessly sucked into the hobby when I found a huge coin spill with a yard sale Bounty Hunter a couple years ago. It was all recent nickels and pennies but it was fun! Seems like that was one of my first posts.

mownomo
11-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Coin spills are a rush regardless whether they're clad, silver, or if you're lucky colonial. Congrats and keep up the good work. If you can find where old bus stops were in your town, those can also prove really productive. Old city maps from the public works department would be a good place to start on finding those if you're interested.

-John
John,
Great advice, but we live in a gated community about 10 miles from the nearest town of about 1300. It barely has cars, much less buses. It was granted a post office in 1785, but no one around can recall where it was. The library is no help, but maybe in the future I can get some help from the county. I do wish I could find something older than me. :lol: Thanks for the help.

Fire Fighter 43
11-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Congrats on your first spill and good luck on finding your next.

Nesdore
11-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Nice spill Mo keep swinging you'll find that old coin spill one day HH

Paul in NJ
12-15-2014, 05:53 PM
I've found some spills underneath the bleachers at town parks, schools, etc. Unfortunately, old wood bleachers are being replaced with aluminum versions. Much more challenging!

GA1dad
12-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I love a good coin spill. I got a big smile the first time I found 3 quarters at the base of a tree. But then a couple of weeks later I found 62 clad coins in the ground 6 inches deep. Needless to say I was feeling like Indiana Jones that day!!

Mountaindigger
12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Good finds!!

daddyflea
12-23-2014, 10:20 AM
These days there are many Coin Spills. It seems a lot of people put their spare change in the Ash Tray. They get tired of them rattling around and just dump them out. Of course these are not old coins but fun anyway.