PDA

View Full Version : Triple Trime Trifecta,FE,SN & a LC

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Sat went with Dan,Jim(mango ave) & todd to look for a couple cellar holes.only found one and we didn't fare too well.
Sunday we felt had to redeem ourselves and redeem ourselves we did.
we told Dan to meet us at a local school at 6am.we arrived at 6:28 cuz we are always late:hystericallaugh:
anyways we headed back down into a couple sites me & todd had found and have done well at in the past.Issac had a hell of a day one time he came up here with his dad.
so we get to 1st site and in no time Dan yells Copper! not long after Todd follows with a yell Copper!
i'm thinkin ok it's my turn next :crossfingers:
after pulling a ton of old style beaver tail pulltabs in the area I get a weird reading,dig down 4 inches and a flying eagle comes out.i walked over to show Dan & Todd.get back to the hole swing another signal,a trime sweet! stand up swing still another signal.another trime pops out.about a foot to the left a 3rd pops out.1851,53 & 56 and the 1857 Flying Eagle spill.pretty cool
ended up down the road to the artillery button site as we have labeled it. i scored a draped bust LC and on the way out with sun setting i nabbed a shield nickel.
W as a great hunt,we all did well which makes for a nice ride home.
hope you all have a happy & blessed thanksgiving!

del
11-23-2014, 08:48 AM
What a day ... I mean honestly who digs up three trimes in one day :dontknow: :lol: hey where did you score the shield nickle ??

another great Day Dave and we had a beautiful day for it too!

Tony Two-Cent
11-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Incredible! Wow, you found three of my bucket list coins in one hunt, Dave! I am very happy for you but it makes me want to cry. :crying01: :lol:

So many nice coins, buttons and relics! The Trime Trifecta is mind blowing! I've never seen a trime spill before, ever! And there was a Flying Eagle Cent with them as well. AMAZING!

:perfect10:

MangoAve
11-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Wow Dave. You were looking for a redemption and you got it. Three trimes and a flying eagle? I'd like to find that. Now I know why you got the beaver tail pull tabs while looking for trimes based on what Isaac told me. I was shocked at the place we were at, that any pull tabs came up. And guess you couldn't leave from the button site without any buttons.

Isaac
11-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Wowowow Dave!!! Just goes to show ya we can't get it all the first (or second) time! :) That trime/FE spill is one for the record books... I've never seen more than one trime come from one hole! Congrats on a great day with great people :thumbsup02: Hope we can hunt all again come Christmas time... HH

By the way, was the site where it was over grown with ferns with the blue plastic bag ontop of the root cellar the one you found the spill? :envious:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2014, 09:40 AM
What a day ... I mean honestly who digs up three trimes in one day :dontknow: :lol: hey where did you score the shield nickle ??

another great Day Dave and we had a beautiful day for it too!'
thanks Dan,the last coin i thought was a fatty was the shield nickel.looked small for a nickel and sun was goin down,just pouched it figuring fatty

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Wowowow Dave!!! Just goes to show ya we can't get it all the first (or second) time! :) That trime/FE spill is one for the record books... I've never seen more than one trime come from one hole! Congrats on a great day with great people :thumbsup02: Hope we can hunt all again come Christmas time... HH

By the way, was the site where it was over grown with ferns with the blue plastic bag ontop of the root cellar the one you found the spill? :envious:
yes sir,that's the site.thanks Isaac!

Full Metal Digger
11-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Wow, great finds for sure! That has to be the "Spill of the Year!" Congrats and HH, Dave.

OxShoeDrew
11-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Holy Cow, three trimes!!! Unreal!! I'm glad you guys had a good day, keep it up :clapping:

Thiltzy
11-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Great hunt Partner! That Fatty sure looks like a Shield Nickle to me:poke:. I am happy that the three of us all took home some nice keepers

Nesdore
11-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Holy Crap what a spill a "bucket list spill" of epic proportions HUGE :congrats: to you sir....
LOVE the Shield nickel and the LC Great Hunt :clapping:

Digger Don
11-23-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree with all the comments above. 3 Trimes. Absolutely mind blowing. I doubt that will ever happen again, FOR ANYBODY.
oh yeah, the rest of the finds are great as well. :perfect10:

aloldstuff
11-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Triple trimes.....WOW. I guess that if anybody could do it would be you. Every time that I look at the photos of them all I can do is smile...:thumbsup02: A FE plus a shield nickel and a Draped bust LC and a ton of buttons....:envious: :perfect10:

Biggest congrats on your hunt

kpmoose
11-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Wow Dave, simply awesome. :omg: Congrats.

giant056
11-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Awesome bunch of finds :thumbsup02: Amazing you found three trimes in one hunt, I've only found two of the silver ones in 25 years of hunting, I have gotten one three cent nickel.

The Rebel
11-23-2014, 07:23 PM
That's just wild Dave! WTG!

kray
11-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Helluva hunt! Still looking for my first trime. Congrats.

Lodge Scent
11-24-2014, 10:51 AM
:shocked03: I don't recall ever seeing ever seeing a triple trime drop posted anywhere. Very cool :thumbsup01: Great hunt !

Bell-Two
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Well what can one say, even my thesaurus does not have enough superlatives to describe the hunt you had, I guess the best I can say is that you deserve such finds, you guys work hard for them and they just don't jump in your pouch. Congratulations and thanks so much for showing such wonderful things and yes Happy Thanksgiving to you to my friend! :thumbsup01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-25-2014, 11:34 PM
thanks everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to you all! go Cowboys!

Gaspipe101
11-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Great finds . Wondering where you went? This your new place to post?

Fire Fighter 43
11-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Wow!! Three trimes in one hunt, WTG. That is one coin that has eluded me. Congrats.

Ill Digger
11-29-2014, 10:45 PM
:shocked01: Why ain't I surprised.... I mean, I am surprised!! :shocked05:
But I agree with Al, :yes:

Triple trimes.....WOW. I guess that if anybody could do it would be you.
Sweet hunt Dave!
Congrats!! :grin:

P.S. Add me to the list of people with a Trime on their wish list.:daydream:

BTV Digger
12-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Great finds Dave. Three trimes...wow. Still looking for my first.

-John

wisconsin digger
12-16-2014, 10:34 PM
The only thing you can say on that spill is WOW. That is one amazing coin spill. Congrats!!! WD

milco
12-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Wow, that is an awesome hunt and an amazing spill! What a great find putting your coil over that, CONGRATS!!