PDA

View Full Version : A button, My first lead toy, IH, Wheats, and a Buff

Nesdore
11-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Was able to get out yesterday I went back to a permission I haven't been to since late July an 1880 house it has lots of ground to cover. One of my first targets I had come to sounded really good on the detector but kinda jumpy from dime to a couple notches below penny and I thought to myself this sounds like a IH and 6" down out pops a 1898 IH :) I was surprised I was right but I think I'm getting to know my Ace 350 pretty well ( more than anything just luck and hoping that it was lol). A little later I was swinging along the sidewalk and pulled a 1956 wheat and a 1936 or 38 buff with in a foot of each other. Next to the flag pole out front I got a nice mid tone hoping for a old nickel flip the plug and I see what looks to be gold pull it out and it's a eagle button but I think it's a collar pin not sure any info on the button (Dan) or anyone :lol: it is appreciated as I was leaving I got the lead toy looks like a soldier on a horse pretty neat....Thanks for looking and HH Ben

Digger Don
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Great job on yesterdays hunt. That collar pin looks awesome. and that lead toy is a very cool.
Congrats on some very nice finds

OxShoeDrew
11-23-2014, 05:37 PM
I'd say you've got that machine down :yes: Is that toy flat on the other side?

aloldstuff
11-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Great recoveries and I love that toy soldier. I have a friend at work who is thinking about getting a detector and I mentioned the ACE 350 to him, looks like I made the right call. :congrats:on getting all those great items.

MangoAve
11-23-2014, 06:58 PM
A buff with a date. A surprise. Nice finds. The collar button looks nice coming out of the ground. Maybe WWII like the other button posted within past few days. I didn't think there would be a screw shank to it. Al, the 250 and the 350 are almost the same. The 350 has a different coil and one other bell to it.

Nesdore
11-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Great job on yesterdays hunt. That collar pin looks awesome. and that lead toy is a very cool.
Congrats on some very nice finds

Thanks Don :thumbsup01:

I'd say you've got that machine down :yes: Is that toy flat on the other side?

Thanks Drew yeah I do like the 350 at first I didn't know if I would.....no the two side are just alike

Great recoveries and I love that toy soldier. I have a friend at work who is thinking about getting a detector and I mentioned the ACE 350 to him, looks like I made the right call. :congrats:on getting all those great items.

Thanks Al Yeah the Ace 350 is a great machine just took a little getting use to :cool:

A buff with a date. A surprise. Nice finds. The collar button looks nice coming out of the ground. Maybe WWII like the other button posted within past few days. I didn't think there would be a screw shank to it. Al, the 250 and the 350 are almost the same. The 350 has a different coil and one other bell to it.

Thanks Mango The dated buff was a surprise the last 3 I found were dateless. The collar button did look amazing coming out :cheesysmile:

del
11-23-2014, 10:35 PM
congrats on the buffalo nickle and Indians , I love the WWII era collar disk its in remarkable condition :wow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-24-2014, 02:24 AM
awesome finds! a lil bit of everything!

Tony Two-Cent
11-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Great finds! That collar disc sure has a lot of gold left on it! Beautiful!

I really like the lead horse and rider too. Almost looks like a fox hunter. That may be the oldest find of your hunt that day.

:congrats:

Bell-Two
11-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Congrats on some really neat finds, a Buff with date is always a plus and the collar button is very nice but the lead toy is my favorite!

Nesdore
11-25-2014, 08:52 PM
congrats on the buffalo nickle and Indians , I love the WWII era collar disk its in remarkable condition :wow:
Thanks Dan

awesome finds! a lil bit of everything!
Thank you sir

Great finds! That collar disc sure has a lot of gold left on it! Beautiful!

I really like the lead horse and rider too. Almost looks like a fox hunter. That may be the oldest find of your hunt that day.

:congrats:

Thanks Tony yeah I couldn't believe it when I seen it in the dirt how yellow it was :grin:

Congrats on some really neat finds, a Buff with date is always a plus and the collar button is very nice but the lead toy is my favorite!
Thanks Tony :)