PDA

View Full Version : Double Hunt Sunday - Seated

aloldstuff
11-23-2014, 04:03 PM
HUNT # 1

Had today off so after doing some minor chores around the house I scooted over to my nephews house that they had just bought(2 family). Small yard but I did recover 6 wheat's, earliest being 1940 and a 1950D rosie.

HUNT # 2

Last night I had gotten a text from Rob stating that his knee was to painful to go out detecting. So while I was at hunt #1 Rob calls me and states that he will be home shortly and lets go detecting(he had parenting duties). So Rob shows up at my house and we load his gear into the trunk and off to the field where I had gotten the CT copper. It doesn't take Rob long before he gets himself a couple of flat buttons, meanwhile I'm digging junk.
Towards the end of the hunt I decide to take some swings up a pathway and I get a nice sounding jumping VDI at 1 1/2 inches. I drop to my knees and take the pinpointer out and its right there near the surface. While I'm doing this Rob is now standing over me so as I am pushing the dirt away with the PP Rob says there it is.....a nice 1883 seated dime. Was the last thing I was expecting at 1 1/2" and it is the first piece of silver that I have gotten out of that field. Gotta say it made my day.

Thanks for reading and HH

Digger Don
11-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Wow, I'm glad you had a great hunt. Must have been a great feeling seeing that seated.
Still looking for my first. Great Job.

wisconsin digger
11-23-2014, 06:55 PM
I just love those Seated. Great coin and nice hunts. WD

mownomo
11-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Nice finds. It's funny how coins move around in the earth. Probably has something to do with expansion, contraction, moisture, earth moving and just plain luck.:lol: Thanks for sharing.

MangoAve
11-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Al, I found one today you wouldn't expect where it was. Nice seated. Only the back is a little worn. Same with the rosie. Nice finds today.

del
11-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Hey Al , glad them fields are still producing and not hard as a rock yet but most of all I'm glad Rob got to see you pull that out in person :lol: priceless;) congrats on the seated :thumbsup02:

Tony Two-Cent
11-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Congrats on the surprise seated dime, Al! :clapping:

That had to put a smile on your face! :yes:

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
11-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Nice finds. It's funny how coins move around in the earth. Probably has something to do with expansion, contraction, moisture, earth moving and just plain luck.:lol: Thanks for sharing.

And a deep plowing every now and then doesn't hurt either

Trooper Bri
11-23-2014, 09:28 PM
A little bit of silver will make anyone's day. Great find with that seated Al!

Isaac
11-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Very nice Seated Al... glad to see you pulling some silver out. HH, Isaac :)

Nesdore
11-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Great find Al love them seated coins....the Rosie and wheat pennies was a great hunt also great day :clapping:

RobW
11-25-2014, 10:22 AM
but most of all I'm glad Rob got to see you pull that out in person :lol: priceless;)

Yeah...priceless....LOL
While I didn't find anything worth mentioning...I was glad to be there for that moment of unveiling...I forgot what it was like:lol:

Awesome find, congrats AL!

But It was good to get out, hobbling around a field with a bum knee doing a little of what I like to do best:detecting:
Apparently ,my arm is out of shape..as it was a bit sore from the swinging

Lodge Scent
11-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Very nice find !