PDA

View Full Version : Compadre just arrived

Bg09
11-26-2014, 01:06 PM
I've never been more excited to see a big white fed ex truck, but after a couple hours I'm left wondering if I've made a bad choice, or if I've just got a machine with the gb not properly set. I'm brand new to detecting so it is probably me because I'm coming from an old Whites 1000 that doesn't have to be moving to beep, I got the 8" coil version and thus thing acts like a mental patient, erratic and beeping at almost every stop of the left swing, when I raise it and gently shook it it beeped right along with every little shake. Did I get a bad coil? What is going on? I really want to love this detector like everyone else I've read about, that's why I bought this machine was purely on research because my knowledge is almost nothing right now.

Full Metal Digger
11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Gosh, whatever it is, it doesn't sound good. Hopefully there is a 1-800 number you can call.

Bg09
11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Lol, nope, it was a 928 Arizona area code, I spoke with Tom at tesoro and kinda wish he'd of made me feel better about things, but unfortunately he could only tell me to send it back. Thank goodness amazon is such a great place to deal with, they actually put money in my account 20 minutes after I filled out the return for on Internet, wow, so I'm thinking about a Fisher f2 with pinpointer and a bag and a lesche digging tool and two, yes two coils for 215.00

sonofdust
11-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Ming started doing the same thing, just at the end of a left swing. Please post what you find out. Thanks
HH

Bg09
11-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I went back out today with my gf and she was using my old Whites, I got so frustrated with the new compadre I turned it off and filled her and dug what she detected, I'm done, it's going back.. Every single swing on every setting and it beeped like crazy, I'm determined the sensitivity or gb is set wrong for my area, I think I'm going to buy a tekneticks or something else.. I really wanted to like this thing but dang, I can't waste my time with it going crazy anymore..