PDA

View Full Version : Last hunt of the year produces gold

wisconsin digger
11-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Sad to say the season in Wisconsin looks like it is over. Was able to get out one more time on the 23rd. It was a bit brisk but dry until I got a few miles from my intended hunt. Decided to hunt in the drizzle and see what I could find. I was a little disappointed to find more frost than thawed ground but at least it was only about an inch of frost. I managed a wheat and a few clad but conditions were a bit wet. Heading back to the car I got a nice dime signal that had some depth. The dime turned out to be clad but I got a 14-12 signal right next to it so I though I might as well did up what I was thinking would be a nickel. After getting out the plug I saw the gold ring at the bottom of the plug. Turned out to be a small woman's class ring from 1979. Pictures are pretty poor but the ring is 10K. Nice find to end the year and gives me something to research during the winter. Returned a ring earlier this spring and hope to find a home for this one. Anyway it was a great year and I hope to see posts throughout the winter from our warm weather friends. Hope to be hunting again by April. Take care Wisconsin Digger

Fire Fighter 43
11-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Congrats on ending the season with gold, WTG. I had my last hunt on the 24th in the cold misty rain which turned to snow by mid afternoon. The price we pay for living in WI. Stay warm and good luck next season.

del
11-29-2014, 03:01 PM
finding gold is a great way to end the year :cheering: but you have to give us better pictures to enjoy it ;)

aloldstuff
11-29-2014, 03:09 PM
WTG on getting gold for your last trip out of 2014. It was depressing to read "Hope to be hunting again by April" but as stated above its the price you have to pay for living in Wisconsin. We here in MA also pay the price. Bitterly cold here now with snow on the ground...uugh.

giant056
11-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Awesome score on the gold class ring :thumbsup02:

................... :congrats:

Trooper Bri
11-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Congrats on the nice end to the season. Good luck with finding the owner of that ring.

Mountaindigger
11-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Wonderful find, congratulations !!!

Digger Don
11-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Great way to end the season. Congrats on the GOLD Ring.
We got lucky today, the ground hasn't frozen yet. Just Muddy.

leslie(nova scotia)
12-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Great way to end a year...congrats! Now time for researching spots for the next!