PDA

View Full Version : Had an Fantastic Hunt Today with Digger Al / They forgot the Nickels

Digger Don
11-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Alec and I went back to the park today that we hunted last Saturday. When we got there, the ground was covered in snow and it was cold. By noon the snow was gone and it was in the 50s. It turned out to be a great day!!
The Highlight of the day was Alec got his first Nickel Tri-Fecta.
The park has obviously been pounded to death, but they forgot all the nickels. They were all deep, but they were everywhere.
Here are the results from our all day hunt.
I dug 3 V nickels, 4 buffalo Nickels, 1 Merc, 1 Barber Dime, 1 Indian, 1 1954 foreign coin, 6 wheats and a bunch of Jeffersons.
Alec dug 1 V Nickel, 2 Buffalo Nickels, 2 War Nickels, 1 Barber Dime, 4 Indians, 7 Wheats and a bunch of Jeffersons.
Needless to say, we had a great day. I hope the weather holds off just a little longer.

One of the buffs that Alec dug was a 1913 type II with no mint mark.

P.S. please excuse my grammar in the post title. I must have been tired when I posted this.

del
11-29-2014, 09:54 PM
:shocked03:wow just look at all them nickles , you should of gotten at least one gold ring after digging that many low tones .

Ronandari
11-29-2014, 10:47 PM
That was a great day of hunting. :notworthy: what a pile of nickels! that park looks like my hunting buddy was there, he only cherry picks the high signals.

Isaac
11-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Wow!!! That's a crazy amount of finds!!! Congrats on Alec getting his first nickel trifecta :thumbsup01:

giant056
11-30-2014, 03:29 AM
Wow!!!!!! what an awesome day of hunting you had, big congrats on all of them great finds :thumbsup02:

................................................ :congrats:

aloldstuff
11-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Now that's some great hunting. That sure is one big pile of nickels and :congrats:to DiggerAl on his 1st nickel trifecta. All those V's, buff's, war nickels, Indians, wheat's and the silvers, we are all hoping that the weather holds out for you.

I am very impressed with your yearly totals and looking forward to some more posts from you this year.

Nesdore
11-30-2014, 08:52 AM
:wow: now that is a pile of nickels :congrats: to you and Al you guys had a great day once again and a great variety of coins from V nickels to Wheat pennies and you guys even dug barbers that is AWESOME :notworthy: I hope you guys can get out some more this year I hope to today if the rain holds off :crossfingers: HH Ben

The Rebel
11-30-2014, 09:03 AM
You dug a lot of great targets!

wisconsin digger
11-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Looks like you found a lot more than just nickels. That was quite the hunt. Surprised with all the nickel signals you didn't sneak a gold ring in there. great bunch of coins. Hope you get a few more weeks in. WD

Digger Don
11-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Looks like you found a lot more than just nickels. That was quite the hunt. Surprised with all the nickel signals you didn't sneak a gold ring in there. great bunch of coins. Hope you get a few more weeks in. WD

I know, and only a couple of pull tabs. Everything was deep. Most of the junk was balled up foil.
The high tones on the other hand, produced a bunch of junk.

Tony Two-Cent
12-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Amazing! I'd say you guys have found a great park to hunt! It reminds me of when I first started hunting at Two Cent Park, old nickels everywhere! Holy cow, look at that pile of Jeffersons you found! I bet there are some shield nickels there too, and possibly some seated dimes. Pretty cool that you found an 1892 Barber Dime, first year of the Barbers.

Congrats to you both on the incredible hunt! :clapping:

DiggerAl
12-01-2014, 05:26 PM
You went all summer wanting to find a "V" nickel. Now you have 4 in 2 hunts. WTG

Trooper Bri
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Wow, you guys were in the nickel zone. Super finds Don.

mownomo
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I know what you mean. It is a real temptation to pass on the pull tab signals, but it really paid off for y'all. Congrats on the great hunt.