PDA

View Full Version : Long multiple cellar hole hunt with rebel & fast frank

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Got out with Frank and Roger today.Dan was supposed to join us but,had a committment come up.Ya didn't miss much so don't sweat it Dan.
Got to the sites at 6:30 am.every site we had been to before and they were pounded hard previously but we gave it our all.
8 hours and about 8 different sites this is all I have to show for it.we really had to work for our finds today.Frank got a classic head LC ,roger didn't get very much and these are my finds.
a 1st for me this kind of shoe buckle frame.part of it is broke but still happy to add it to my collection.a couple flat buttons and a zouvae ball button front,a suspender buckle,a OLD oxknob and this very cool pewter/lead bust pendent?
of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posidippus.

we hiked our butts off today in 18 degree weather but was nice to hunt with Frank & Rog again.

Digger Don
11-29-2014, 10:47 PM
18 degrees, now that's dedication! You dug a nice bunch of finds there. My favorite has to be the bust pin.
That thing looks cool. :congrats:

Ronandari
11-29-2014, 11:00 PM
You guys always find the sweetest spots to hunt but that might be a little too cold for me. Glad you're still getting out.

aloldstuff
11-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I got to agree with it being way to cold for this old guy. Some nice finds from a pounded site. You mentioned an "old" ox knob, what's the determining factor on what makes it old? Hope you can get in some hunts this year.

CTTodd
11-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Where there's OX shoes there's OX knobs. Nice hunt guys

The Rebel
11-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Had a great time getting out with you guys, even though I got nada. It's a great looking area but man the targets were slim. Love that pin, I guess they like poetry. :thumbsup02:

I was so beat that I can't believe I left my tector in Franks truck, but at least I didn't have to trek all the way back to the parking lot. I remember looking to make sure I didn't leave anything behind and didn't notice my tector was right in front of me :crazy: :duh:

OxShoeDrew
11-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Interesting bust thing Dave...too cold for me yesterday. I'm glad you guys were able to get together! I bet you were relieved to hear that knob, thinking you had a copper. :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I got to agree with it being way to cold for this old guy. Some nice finds from a pounded site. You mentioned an "old" ox knob, what's the determining factor on what makes it old? Hope you can get in some hunts this year.
thanks Al! newer ox knobs have a hex head I believe.this one is more crude

Lodge Scent
11-30-2014, 08:04 PM
That's a lot of cellar's for one day! That pendant is pretty cool! The bust looks Greek or Roman. What is the text ?

Trooper Bri
11-30-2014, 08:51 PM
That bust pendant thing is unique. Hopefully you get more info on it. A bit chilly yesterday for sure. Great pics!

Bell-Two
11-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Now you guys are real dedicated "Cellar Hounds" 18 degrees brrr! :frozen::frozen::frozen:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-01-2014, 07:08 AM
That's a lot of cellar's for one day! That pendant is pretty cool! The bust looks Greek or Roman. What is the text ?
thanks it's...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posidippus

BTV Digger
12-01-2014, 09:15 AM
18F? You guys are a dedicated crew! Unfortunately that's becoming commonplace up here now. Love that pendant, definitely made the long hunt worth it.

-John

del
12-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Dave I'm sorry the sites were pretty exhausted but there are a lot of them up that way . they look like great sites too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Dave I'm sorry the sites were pretty exhausted but there are a lot of them up that way . they look like great sites too.
the majority of the homes are still standing in the residential areas.