PDA

View Full Version : Warm weekend brings lots of clad and a few keepers

Full Metal Digger
11-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey diggers,
I went to a couple old parks and old schools that I found on Google maps. Several sites were a complete bust but the last one today produced pretty good. It was an elementary school built in 1939. It had been hunted pretty good but not so good in the sidewalk strips! I found all my keepers right up next to the curbstone or sidewalk. If you're going to hunt curb strips make sure you swing your coil all the way past the cement!

I got $8.13 in modern coins (mostly cherry-picked quarters) and 4 silvers! That takes my silver count to 121 for the year.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting, Dave.

Digger Don
11-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Nice digs Dave. I'm glad you were able to get out this weekend.
The school was good to you, nice keepers.:congrats:

Ronandari
11-30-2014, 08:33 PM
You have had a great silver count this year Dave. Glad you are still getting out. :thumbsup02:

Ron

Full Metal Digger
11-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Nice digs Dave. I'm glad you were able to get out this weekend.
The school was good to you, nice keepers.:congrats:

Thanks Don. I didn't get as many nickels as you and Alec did but I got my fair share!

You have had a great silver count this year Dave. Glad you are still getting out. :thumbsup02:

Ron

Thanks for commenting! It got up to 71 degrees at 1 pm and then the arctic front came through and our temp fell to 40 degrees in less than 3 hours. Low tonight will be 19 with ice likely. This may have been my last hunt for the year! HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
11-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Good job, Dave! I wondered how you were doing. We had very decent weather fro detecting on both Saturday and Sunday. I couldn't believe how quickly the temperature plummeted this evening!

Congrats on the keepers and the late season silver! :clapping:

wisconsin digger
11-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Glad to see your still able to hunt. Nice batch of coins. WD

leslie(nova scotia)
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Well it pays to go back to school even when you are out. Gud dig!

mownomo
12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Great showing Dave. Congratulations on the 121 silvers & there aim' no flies on that pile of clad. Thanks for the advice. I definitely will start swinging past the curbs.