PDA

View Full Version : I miss summer,but winter silver is still ok

MIKE54
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I had to do some shopping today and got done about 2:00. So it's 38 degrees out and I had to be in work by 3:30. What better time than now to do some detecting. I had about 45 minutes to hunt and hit my new favorite park in New Britain on the way to work. Got a good hit about 5 inches down and scored a 1945 Merc. Also got 2 wheats (48 and 51-D), a junk copper ring that looks kinda old and 79 cents in clad. When I picked the merc up, I couldn't feel it due to frozen fingers. I hate winter.44803

Tony Two-Cent
12-02-2014, 07:54 PM
That's a very decent return for only 45 minutes of hunting! But it sounds like you didn't need to spend any more time in the cold anyway.

I hope your fingers are thawed out now! :yes:

Congrats on the finds! :clapping:

Nesdore
12-02-2014, 10:08 PM
:congrats: great quick hunt 45mins for a 45 merc

mownomo
12-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Nice silver. I'm with you. A little cold weather goes a long way. It got down to 37 last night and it only got up to 51 this afternoon. I hate winter!!!!!

aloldstuff
12-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Nice that you braved the cold and scored some keepers. Being just a little north of you I also hate winter :frozen: and am now in the "waiting for spring" mode. Hopefully we will get a few days of detectable weather before we get a big snow storm.

MangoAve
12-03-2014, 12:24 PM
More silver for ya Mike. Almost everything from that park is the 40's. The few early ones like your barber and the two early mercs were either older coins the school children happen to have or from the sledding like you said. I think the copper ring might be like the 20's/30's era. When I got out with Kev to a cellar hole he found a copper ring amidst the prohibition era trash. This would have been a little better of a hobby if I did it years ago when I worked second shift to have the days free.

MIKE54
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
More silver for ya Mike. Almost everything from that park is the 40's. The few early ones like your barber and the two early mercs were either older coins the school children happen to have or from the sledding like you said. I think the copper ring might be like the 20's/30's era. When I got out with Kev to a cellar hole he found a copper ring amidst the prohibition era trash. This would have been a little better of a hobby if I did it years ago when I worked second shift to have the days free.I don't know how much vacation time you have left Jim (probably nothing like me LOL) but I think I might visit the park tomorrow if you're interested. Time is growing short for the detecting season.

Digger Don
12-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Nice haul for a short hunt. Congrats on the frozen Silver:frozen:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Nice scoffs and glad to see the ground hasn't become undiggable!