PDA

View Full Version : CT Copper, 1/2 Penny token, IH and some Relics

aloldstuff
12-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Decided to brave the weather today and go detecting. I went to the old farm house where Rob, Tim and myself went and got all those wheat pennies. This time I decided to go to the corn field as they were finally cutting the corn. Well not really cutting it but husking the corn leaving the stalks and it was quite treacherous trying to walk amongst them. After a while I had to leave that situation and proceeded to do around the corn field.

The 1st coin is what I think a CT copper, I can make out AUC on the obverse. Hope I'm right (anybody help me out please). This coin is struck off center so I can't see a date.

The second coin would be a 1903 IH.

The last coin is a 1843 New Brunswick Half Penny Token and to me it looks to be in pretty good shape. That would be a 1st one of those for me.

The last pictures are of the "relics", a colonial button, buckle, a piece of jewelry possible a pin of some sort and last a 3 Merry Widows tin.

This hunt allowed me to tie my last years signature for total amount of coins over 100 years old.

Thanks for reading and HH

del
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
great looking Connecticut copper Al , the New Brunswick token is sweet too.

if we could see some of the details of the copper we could definitely id it Al .

del
12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Al it looks very close a 1787 Miller 10-E another scarce variety Al

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
You're on fire Al!! What a wonderful hunt! That field is very easy on the coins! Good for you!! I've yet to find a CT copper in any kind of shape, you find them like they were New England potatoes :lol:

MIKE54
12-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I like that half penny token and a nice hunt overall

Tony Two-Cent
12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Way to go, Al! :clapping:

Braving the elements paid off handsomely! :thumbsup02:

Three terrific finds, and you tied your record for 100+ year old coins. :congrats:

aloldstuff
12-04-2014, 05:00 PM
I have added some pictures of the Ct copper and I hope they are good enough for the ID.

aloldstuff
12-04-2014, 05:02 PM
You're on fire Al!! What a wonderful hunt! That field is very easy on the coins! Good for you!! I've yet to find a CT copper in any kind of shape, you find them like they were New England potatoes :lol:

Drew, been detecting for about 7 years and never found a state copper before. Within a month I've gotten 3 CT coppers. Go figure.

Digger Don
12-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Looks like you had a fantastic hunt. The copper is cool and the New Brunswick Half Penny Token is in awesome shape. Congrats.

Trooper Bri
12-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Wow Al. You're on a roll. Awesome! I was locked down at Walcatraz today as usual, but could see the sun through the windows and wondered if anyone got out. Glad it payed out for you.

Why are Connecticut coppers so invasive in New England? Seems like the majority of state coin finds I've seen or read online since detecting are from CT.

aloldstuff
12-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Wow Al. You're on a roll. Awesome! I was locked down at Walcatraz today as usual, but could see the sun through the windows and wondered if anyone got out. Glad it payed out for you.

Why are Connecticut coppers so invasive in New England? Seems like the majority of state coin finds I've seen or read online since detecting are from CT.

Thanks for the comment. As far as why the CT coppers are so popular, I know that CT made them from 1785 - 1788 and MA only made them 1787 and 1788. Don't know about the other states mintage. Being from MA I sure would like to see a MA copper in the hole someday.

Isaac
12-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Those coins are just beautiful Al :smitten: super hunt! :congrats:

del
12-05-2014, 06:56 AM

I believe Connecticut minted far more coins and for a longer stretch of time as well Brian .

Lodge Scent
12-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Wow! Nice digs! That NB token is a beauty :congrats:

Nesdore
12-05-2014, 10:35 AM
:wow: Al congrats on yet another CT copper and also congrats on matching last years total :clapping:

The Rebel
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
WTG on the CT!

Thiltzy
12-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice looking Connecticut Al! Your on a hot streak man... love it