PDA

View Full Version : Cellar hole hunt with CT Todd & Milford Todd * bat wing buckle & half a shoe buckle

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Sat was a washout and we weren't able to get out so,we dragged CT Todd to a cellar hole up in his neck of the woods.
I thought the site looked familiar as we walked up to it.the root cellar built into the hill was one me and Gary (foundationhunter ) had been to quite a few years back. Rebel may have hit this one too as I vaguely recall seeing him post the root cellar?
Anyways we tried our best to sneak something out and I nabbed 2 spoons,a pretty large Bat wing buckle as well.
after this short hunt CT Todd decided to call it a day and Todd & myself decided to head to plan B.
we found the area we went lookin for and found 3 sites.all were pounded good.all i have to show for our mountain hike is a half a shoe buckle frame and a iron monogrammed knife blade.
Was a rough day but nice to get out and hunt with CT Todd & Milford Todd!

del
12-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Nice photos and company too. I like the chimney i'm guessing it was a cabin site , even that site was hit pretty hard ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Nice photos and company too. I like the chimney i'm guessing it was a cabin site , even that site was hit pretty hard ??
deep way off the beaten path cabin sites,no targets at all.kent mountain,snow,mountain laurel steep hills made for a loooong day

Thiltzy
12-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Was a ruff day for sure Dave, but at least you got a nice keeper in that sweet Bat Buckle

Lodge Scent
12-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Great example of a root cellar. Don't see many that are still intact. Good job on rescuing those relics.

CTTodd
12-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Since you already had the nice Batwing and the plated spoon on the first hunt. I'm glad I opted out on the second hike. Wife made cookies. Great fun with you guys as always.

Full Metal Digger
12-07-2014, 08:27 PM
That's a really nice buckle! The fireplace just needed a fire to keep you warm out there! HH, Dave.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-07-2014, 08:42 PM
since you already had the nice batwing and the plated spoon on the first hunt. I'm glad i opted out on the second hike. Wife made cookies. Great fun with you guys as always.
cooooookies!!!!!!!!!!

aloldstuff
12-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Very nice looking batwing buckle. Seems like CtTodd made the right move to call it a day.

CTTodd
12-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Very nice looking batwing buckle. Seems like CtTodd made the right move to call it a day.
Oh yes I did. Warm basement warm cookies. No vertical hiking. Lol

The Rebel
12-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Nice looking Batwing Dave! Yep, I was there about 2 years ago. Man is it a LONG drive!

Bell-Two
12-08-2014, 09:57 PM
That is a lovely buckle and well earned by the hard work you did!

OxShoeDrew
12-09-2014, 06:10 AM
That is a lovely buckle and well earned by the hard work you did! agreed!

chief5709
12-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Congrats on the batwing! Nice group hunt