PDA

View Full Version : Smashing clad, 1'st watch, and 1'st hippie relic - 12/7

Trooper Bri
12-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Only got out for an hour last Sunday, so it felt great to get out in the sun today!

Returned to the same park I was at 2 weeks ago, hoping it was in the mood to cough up some more silver (it wasn't). The wind was really honking when I got there, but laid down nicely in early afternoon. Made it a point today to start digging those low VDI numbers in hopes of gold, but none of that either. Just lots of metal bits.

Also had a lot of visitors. 3 couples and someone who was pondering upgrading his kid's Radio Shack model. Wound up yapping more than I wanted, but they were all nice folk. Wish I had my hobby cards, I might have gotten a couple permissions.
Tally for the day was nuttin' but clad, 73 in total. Also dug my 1'st watch, ladies Nine West that the ground wasn't very kind to. And the surprise of the day was the hippie relic. A brass smoking device. Didn't include it in the pic, as it went right in the detecting scrap pail, and doubt it's appropriate to post here anyways. Packed it in as the sun started to dip behind the hills.

Fingers crossed. I don't take the forecast seriously a week out, but next weekend looks real nice at the moment.

aloldstuff
12-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Now that's a lot of digging Brian. I remember getting my 1st "hippie relic", I really did laugh out loud. Pretty sure mine made into the 1st trash can I saw. Hope the weekend weather can hold out for some decent days cause right now its 18 degrees here.

Digger Don
12-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Now that's a big pile of clad. Nice Job.
I've found a couple of "smoking devices" myself this year.

I hope the weather holds out for you. good luck on the weekend.

OxShoeDrew
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Sure that's where the hippie relic went, in the scrap pail :lol:
Nice digging Brian!