PDA

View Full Version : Park And Town Common Finds

angellionel
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Today I spent time detecting two sites, a small local park and a town common. The park yielded the silver as well as a few wheat cents, and the town common gave up five Indian Head cents and several wheat cents dated in the teens.

The Indian Head cents are dated 1897, 1897, 1898, 1906, and 1908.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/silverandih_062310.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/wheatcents_062310.jpg

HH!

coinnut
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Couple of them Indians are greenies :lol: I used to find them like that :ticked: One of these days that '14 is gonna have a "D" on it :cheesysmile: Nice group of coins and 2 more silvers ain't bad. I almost called you to head out, but I figured you were already gone.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-23-2010, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup01: i don't know what else to say anymore on your threads :confused:
:envious: is all i can say
another spectacular hunt :tongue:

angellionel
06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Couple of them Indians are greenies :lol: I used to find them like that :ticked: One of these days that '14 is gonna have a "D" on it :cheesysmile: Nice group of coins and 2 more silvers ain't bad. I almost called you to head out, but I figured you were already gone.

That's what I keep saying to myself.:lol: You would have caught me today had you called. :yes: It was a nice day out, though hot. :shocked01: What about Friday? If not, then next Wednesday should be good. Let me know. :)

:thumbsup01: i don't know what else to say anymore on your threads :confused:
:envious: is all i can say
another spectacular hunt :tongue:

Thanks, Dave! :thumbsup01:

hockeyguy
06-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Alright Angel :angelic: tell the truth....when was the last time u fired up any land machine other than the big E? :peace:

Epi-hunter
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
That was when he used my SE for three months and completely showed me up with it :lol:

I was going to suggest that perhaps Angel and George could each make a short video of their detecting technique when they are out together, to post on the forum. I am sure others would like to see them. :yes:

Nice IHs and silver Angel. Those IHs do come out kind of tough looking, although some seem to hold up well.

Beefcake
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd love to see that vid. I just have to remember not to look directly in Angel's eyes...don't want to turn to stone...both of you guys' techniques would be nice to witness.

moseng
06-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice! IH's are always nice to find, but to get a family of them is even better!! Congrats man!

I am sure this has been asked before, but do you ever NOT get something good when you go hunting? I know from my experience that occasionally :crying02: I strike out! I'm just wondering if you have a bad day :badday: every now and then. :embarrassed:

angellionel
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Alright Angel :angelic: tell the truth....when was the last time u fired up any land machine other than the big E? :peace:

Not since May 19th of last year. :yes: That's when I first took out the E-Trac after having used Angie's SE for a few months. :)

That was when he used my SE for three months and completely showed me up with it :lol:

I was going to suggest that perhaps Angel and George could each make a short video of their detecting technique when they are out together, to post on the forum. I am sure others would like to see them. :yes:

Nice IHs and silver Angel. Those IHs do come out kind of tough looking, although some seem to hold up well.

Huh? :shocked02: A video? Bite your tongue. :behave::lol:

I'd love to see that vid. I just have to remember not to look directly in Angel's eyes...don't want to turn to stone...both of you guys' techniques would be nice to witness.

I'm video shy. :lol:

Nice! IH's are always nice to find, but to get a family of them is even better!! Congrats man!

I am sure this has been asked before, but do you ever NOT get something good when you go hunting? I know from my experience that occasionally :crying02: I strike out! I'm just wondering if you have a bad day :badday: every now and then. :embarrassed:

For me a bad day every now and then is not finding at least one piece of silver.:lol: I have had very few of those, thankfully, though I always come away with some other good items, like Indian Head cents, old nickels, or other desirable finds. :yes:

coinnut
06-24-2010, 11:25 AM

:lol: Laurel and Hardy. :rofl:All you would see is me shaking my head every time I heard "Silver" :duh:
Now if we could rent a kid, that might help, but trying to video while detecting is not for me :yes:

Ill Digger
06-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I like green coins :drool: Oh yeah the silver one are always nice to find too :lol:
Awesome as usual :thumbsup01:
Congrats :grin:

1 vote for A,D&G's ET instuctional video :cheesysmile:

angellionel
06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
:lol: Laurel and Hardy. :rofl: All you would see is me shaking my head every time I heard "Silver" :duh:
Now if we could rent a kid, that might help, but trying to video while detecting is not for me :yes:

That makes two of us!:)

Oh, and I'm not so sure I'm going to be as fortunate with the silver next time, George. :yes: I do need to bring a small coil. :thinkingabout:

SeabeeRon
06-24-2010, 06:26 PM
:lol: Laurel and Hardy. :rofl:

I was thinking more Abbott & Costello! :poke: Who's on first, what's on second...
Great finds Angel!! :loveit: